This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Asuras Wrath, have you played it? (Any games like it?)

#1Carte360Posted 1/29/2013 5:18:41 AM
I'm sad that I neglected it for over a year. Picked it up for $20 and found out what a gem this game is.

It has everything an anime beat'm up shoot'mup should have! Swords as big as planets, battles taking place in the universe, enemies the size of planets, action sequences throughout cutscenes that look beautiful. Everything is hand drawn or so I think. Testosterone, lots and lots of testosterone.

Brings me back to the days when I watched dbz. Except better.

Which leads me to 2 questions.

1. Have you played it yet? If not, why?!

2. Are there any games like it?
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#2Agony79Posted 1/29/2013 5:26:52 AM
I own Asura's Wrath and all of its DLCs. I have beaten it and never seen any game as epic as Asura's Wrath. It's one of my favorite game of this gen. I can't think of any other game like this.
---
I own the mods!
#3LapanuiPosted 1/29/2013 5:33:47 AM
I really enjoyed it.

Such an over the top game, a lot of it is exaggerated by miles compared to a lot of anime series, but it seems to follow the same sort of style as a lot of series.

What draws me to certain series or even games is when characters think they are strong, but really they are pretty weak, just like Asura and the rest of the demigods. The main character is defeated and has to train and become stronger. They come back and see that everyone is also strong, but they manage to defeat them by finding some unknown amount of strength within the last second.

Bleach is exactly like that, Ichigo is some crappy Shinigami who thinks he's all this, gets defeated by Renji and pretty much starts at the beginning to the point where he isn't even a Shinigami anymore. He is pushed to his limits and regains his strength, goes to Soul Society and still struggles to defeat a lot of the Shinigami there. He trains a lot more and comes back a bad ass that really can't control his powers properly.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
GT: Zichu
#4Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:36:15 AM
Lapanui posted...
I really enjoyed it.

Such an over the top game, a lot of it is exaggerated by miles compared to a lot of anime series, but it seems to follow the same sort of style as a lot of series.

What draws me to certain series or even games is when characters think they are strong, but really they are pretty weak, just like Asura and the rest of the demigods. The main character is defeated and has to train and become stronger. They come back and see that everyone is also strong, but they manage to defeat them by finding some unknown amount of strength within the last second.

Bleach is exactly like that, Ichigo is some crappy Shinigami who thinks he's all this, gets defeated by Renji and pretty much starts at the beginning to the point where he isn't even a Shinigami anymore. He is pushed to his limits and regains his strength, goes to Soul Society and still struggles to defeat a lot of the Shinigami there. He trains a lot more and comes back a bad ass that really can't control his powers properly.

Hahha exactly.

Basically how all animes are, usually. xD

DBZ, Goku trains super hard and defeats all the little guys during the freeza arc, then gets his ass handed to him by freeza until his friends die, then he goes rage mode and destroys freeza, lolz.

I was kinda sad we didn't get to fight as black asura :(
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#5Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:39:56 PM
BUMP for the afternoon crowd?
---
#6shawnmckPosted 1/29/2013 2:43:20 PM
Don't know if you would consider it anything similar to Asura's Wrath, but....

Splatterhouse
Which has that cell-shaded look and plenty of testosterone.
Its very weird though...and bloody.

Lolli-Pop Chainsaw
Also has that comic-book feel with cell-shaded graphics.
Has plenty of charm too.
#7BBBanks03Posted 1/29/2013 2:55:10 PM
HuhÖ I thought the game looked interesting, but passed on it because I heard that the game was basically a QTE-fest that was incredibly light on actual gameplay, the game was very short, and that Capcom actually cut the ending of the game only to be released as DLC. Not so? Iím kind of curious about this now. Because if there is more to the game than non-stop QTEs as I had heard, I may be interested again. Unless that part about the DLC ending is true. If so, then F*** Capcom, thatís unforgivable.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#8656stoogePosted 1/29/2013 3:13:55 PM
I'd have bought it already if the ending wasn't DLC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#9melvin343Posted 1/29/2013 3:28:28 PM
I to have a question, is Asuras Wrath ending is really that bad as Mass Effect 3 ending?
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#10Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:16:09 PM
melvin343 posted...
I to have a question, is Asuras Wrath ending is really that bad as Mass Effect 3 ending?

No, not really. The ending imo is one of the most amazing parts of the game, that final fight is like the epitome of Godliness.

HOWEVER, you MUST buy the dlc, labelled Nirvana Part IV. It is only about $5 and makes the game soooooo much better. Without the dlc that game is still awesome, but with the dlc it is frickin amazing. Seriously.

The ending you're thinking of isn't actually the ending, only about 3/4ths of the game.

Er... I like this game too much ahahah.
---