This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis 3 Beta is now available!

#1MackTheGunPosted 1/29/2013 5:48:43 AM
Link here to the xbox.com download:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/CRYSIS-3-OPEN-BETA/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454189ae

Let me know what you think of the beta and if it's helped you decide whether or not to purchase the game next month,

Also, my first gameplay (live) commentary of the beta is now uploaded here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ArMEpfdTY&hd=1

So feel free to check that out if you wish.
---
Latest video: FIRST MATCH + KILLSTREAKS! | Crysis 3
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack
#2Shy420Posted 1/29/2013 6:03:01 AM
Looked at your video and that's really all I need to know this is the same old same old when it comes to multiplayer. I'm interested in the single player game and will likely play some MP but I'm not purchasing the game with the intent to play online.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#3pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 6:04:51 AM
On Crysis 2 I got 700/700 gamerscore from single player and 0/300 from MP.

Will try this demo though and give it a shot. Even if I don't like it I'm still playing Crysis 3 for the single player.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4Dragon NexusPosted 1/29/2013 6:34:13 AM
On Crysis 2 I got 700/700 gamerscore from single player and 0/300 from MP.

Will try this demo though and give it a shot. Even if I don't like it I'm still playing Crysis 3 for the single player.

Getting the multi achievements would have been hard enough when the game was new. Damn near impossible now.
The console versions were poorly ported when it came to multi.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5MackTheGun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:28:46 AM
pothocket posted...
Even if I don't like it I'm still playing Crysis 3 for the single player.

I'm looking forward to the SP too, looks awesome!
---
#6BeastLeeAdamsPosted 1/29/2013 7:32:50 AM
I'll play the beta for something to do on my 360. I won't buy this game because well, shooters are getting boring honestly after basically 4 straight years of them.
#7MackTheGun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:30:53 AM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
I'll play the beta for something to do on my 360. I won't buy this game because well, shooters are getting boring honestly after basically 4 straight years of them.

I can see where you're coming from. It doesn't help that shooters benchmark themselves on their successful competitors (CoD) and make each sequel as unoriginal as the last.

But hey, I like shooting people so I'll live for now.
---
#8glassghost0Posted 1/29/2013 10:34:16 AM
I like the Hunter mode a lot but the whole 2 minute rounds suck, it's not enough time to do anything, let alone be stealthy. And have fun dying as a merc or whatever, the killcams take up like 20 seconds
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#9pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 10:39:43 AM
Every game should make you sit out around 20 seconds after dying.

Not only as incentive to NOT get killed next time but also to switch cameras around and get a feel of how the battle is unfolding.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10glassghost0Posted 1/29/2013 10:43:39 AM
pothocket posted...
Every game should make you sit out around 20 seconds after dying.

Not only as incentive to NOT get killed next time but also to switch cameras around and get a feel of how the battle is unfolding.

I'm not saying you have to respawn instantly, I would be fine with the length if the rounds weren't 2 minutes for a freaking stealth mode.

I mean 30 seconds go by before you can even really start the match, and I mean that as in when every one actually spreads out and gets going
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428