This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crysis 3 Beta is now available!

#11MackTheGun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:57:07 PM
glassghost0 posted...
I like the Hunter mode a lot but the whole 2 minute rounds suck, it's not enough time to do anything, let alone be stealthy. And have fun dying as a merc or whatever, the killcams take up like 20 seconds

I felt like 2 minutes was long enough to give the Hunters a chance to swarm the soldiers and take them down, while still giving the soldiers a chance to win.

Only played an hour of the Hunter mode though, so I could be completely wrong in saying that!
---
Latest video: FIRST MATCH + KILLSTREAKS! | Crysis 3
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack
#12Pacman2dxPosted 1/29/2013 1:00:14 PM
I played it and it immediately reminded me how bad Crysis 2 MP was. Only thing I liked about the beta was how they showed your kills after the match was over - even then I could tell the game BS'd me a few times (killing people who I was clearly missing, etc.) I'll only be buying this for the single player experience, probably not at launch though.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.
#13glassghost0Posted 1/29/2013 1:06:12 PM
MackTheGun posted...
glassghost0 posted...
I like the Hunter mode a lot but the whole 2 minute rounds suck, it's not enough time to do anything, let alone be stealthy. And have fun dying as a merc or whatever, the killcams take up like 20 seconds

I felt like 2 minutes was long enough to give the Hunters a chance to swarm the soldiers and take them down, while still giving the soldiers a chance to win.

Only played an hour of the Hunter mode though, so I could be completely wrong in saying that!

Sure it's long enough for that to happen but what's even the point of the hunters being cloaked? I think it would be so much more fun if the time limit was increased that way it could rely more on tactics and stealth rather than rush.

IMO, the round duration should be increased and I almost think it should be where once you get killed by a hunter you either respawn as soldier or even better not at all. Think Left 4 Dead style.

If people like how it is now I guess go with it, but from my personal standpoint I think they could be way more successful if they tweaked stuff. I think they could actually have a mp experience that breaks the top 20 played games every month.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#14MackTheGun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:55:13 PM
glassghost0 posted...
MackTheGun posted...
glassghost0 posted...

Sure it's long enough for that to happen but what's even the point of the hunters being cloaked? I think it would be so much more fun if the time limit was increased that way it could rely more on tactics and stealth rather than rush.

IMO, the round duration should be increased and I almost think it should be where once you get killed by a hunter you either respawn as soldier or even better not at all. Think Left 4 Dead style.

If people like how it is now I guess go with it, but from my personal standpoint I think they could be way more successful if they tweaked stuff. I think they could actually have a mp experience that breaks the top 20 played games every month.

I get what you're saying and I would enjoy a game mode like that.

However, I think the majority of FPS players are now impatient and are just looking for quick action with swift results.

Slow is now unfortunately seen as synonymous with 'campy'.
---
Latest video: FIRST MATCH + KILLSTREAKS! | Crysis 3
www.youtube.com/GamingWithMack