This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best boss in any video game?

#1rdking96Posted 1/29/2013 6:10:25 AM
Ya...I'm gonna be that guy and make a topic that's the exact opposite of another topic going on right now. But this one is more fun for me!

So what is the best boss you've ever played against in a video game?

Mine might be psycho mantis from MGS. When I realized how to actually beat him, my mind was blown. Why can't more games be this clever?
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#2Banana_ManaPosted 1/29/2013 6:13:33 AM
Probably Malak...

While the actual boss fight wasn't great (although it was fairly challenging on the higher difficulty levels)... He was such a badass character.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/29/2013 6:15:36 AM
Glados
Ganondorf from OoT/WW
Rival from Pokemon
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#4OverburdenedPosted 1/29/2013 6:18:33 AM
Mundus - devil may cry

Unicron - transformers armada ps2
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#5nothingbeastPosted 1/29/2013 6:20:44 AM
I tend to go for Draygon in Super Metroid.

First time you meet it, you spend most of your missiles and super missiles trying to take it down.

Then you find out you can just let it grab you, and use the grapple beam on one of the busted wall canons and electrocute it in seconds.

That being said... I really miss boss battles. They don't have to be epic or original... just give me something that stands out from what I just went through to get to the boss. Or just something that's not a QTE.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#6rdking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 6:21:05 AM
Overburdened posted...
Mundus - devil may cry

Unicron - transformers armada ps2

^Almost added Vergil from DMC 3 (Original) to my list. That was the first time I truly pounded my head against a wall out of sheer frustration...then I learned how to jump cancel...
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#7pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 6:21:09 AM
Minion from TM2.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/29/2013 6:22:44 AM
SotC. All of them.
---
I love video games : )
#9pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 6:28:17 AM
Another game that is full of epic boss battles is a PS1 title: Silent Bomber

Amazing pure action gameplay that apparently only I've played or heard of and no on else.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10CuteBlueBabyBeaPosted 1/29/2013 6:29:34 AM
mgs3 and sotc have the best boss fights.