This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The best boss in any video game?

#11pakathecatPosted 1/29/2013 7:29:52 AM
Ganon in OoT
Dragon's Dogma- The fake final fight against the dragon. All the oversized baddies in that game were fun to fight, but that fight was particularly memorable.
Ghaleon in Lunar: SSS- Not as much for the battle as because I went into the fight thinking, "Y'know... this guy actually might be right." At the very least, having never bought into JRPG optimism about humanity, could completely see his point.
#12KiritoArtPosted 1/29/2013 7:33:59 AM
Boss in MGS 3 it was perfectly built up, the music fit, I felt like I didnt want to fight her but I had to for the mission. Also, only game to make me feel for the characters that much.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/KiritoArt.png
#13FlyBoyZombiPosted 1/29/2013 8:03:11 AM
VAMP MGS 2 and 4
#14pothocketPosted 1/29/2013 8:05:44 AM
Wasn't Vamp the guy who's only weakness was "hard water"....so he fights you while standing on top of hard water?

Not the smartest of bosses.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#15Graves124Posted 1/29/2013 8:13:19 AM
everything about KH 1 @ 2 end bosses
---
Official Dosu of the Naruto Boards
If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!
#16nothingbeastPosted 1/29/2013 8:15:26 AM
Wasn't Vamp the guy who's only weakness was "hard water"....so he fights you while standing on top of hard water?

Kinda like nearly every single boss in the Legend of Zelda series. Lets have every creature guard the one item that can take them down easily.

:)
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#17metaldiggle2Posted 1/29/2013 8:20:41 AM
Majora's Mask.
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#18rdking96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:06:58 AM
pothocket posted...

Haha. Valid point good sir. One must admit though, Vamp is a bad ass.

Damn. Seems like MGS and Zelda are trumping everything else when it comes to epic bosses!
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#19memphis12Posted 1/29/2013 11:12:32 AM
Already did one of those as well lol.

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/64089294

I also made one on the KOA board a while back, it got 165 replies:

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/991144-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/61783321

This was my answer anyway:

After playing Tales Of Vesperia tonight and refusing to take down the difficulty, before i new it id spent 4 hours on a boss.

Spoilers:

Alexei!! Wow was he hard to beat! I had to leave Zaude and re stock on every potion i could carry.

Got me thinking what was the most frustrating and difficult boss ive come across. Off the top of my head, number one being the toughest:

1. Aenema FFX

2. Ancient Rock Wraith DA2 (Nightmare difficulty)

3. Gattuso Tales Of Vesperia (hard difficulty)

4. Sephiroth kingdom Hearts 2
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#20SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/29/2013 11:17:24 AM
Mother Brain