This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Car Combat Games

#31BahamutBBobPosted 1/29/2013 9:35:13 AM
I used to enjoy the Twisted Metal series, so I ended up buying the new one. This was a mistake. It looks more modern, but it feels just as clunky as the PS1 games.

Cart racers, on the other hand, I can enjoy from time to time. It's hard to dethrone Mario kart 64, though. That game as as perfect as I've seen a cart racer. The only ones that have been close, IMO, that I've played, are CTR, and MK7.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#32shotgunheadshotPosted 1/29/2013 9:51:20 AM(edited)
Of coarse we weed more of them. There arent any good ones except Twisted metal which is an exclusive unfortunately. EA please buy the rights to TM and make the franchise good again.Make it the same open arena with no racing tackle on. Just have cars destroying eachother. I would take a car combat game over some bland shooter anyday.
#33mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 12:22:19 PM
Bump
---
I love video games : )
#34GorillaOnRoofPosted 1/29/2013 1:27:31 PM
Hell yes. I agree with STD, Full Auto is the way to go. I know you don't like racing, but it's fun as hell playing that game with a buddy. It's been out for a long time and I still play it in couch vs.

There's a couple on XBLA that I just didn't like.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#35mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:44:43 PM
GorillaOnRoof posted...
Hell yes. I agree with STD, Full Auto is the way to go. I know you don't like racing, but it's fun as hell playing that game with a buddy. It's been out for a long time and I still play it in couch vs.

There's a couple on XBLA that I just didn't like.

Maybe ill check it out. Im sure I can find it for pretty cheap.
---
I love video games : )
#36karvinyereizowtPosted 1/29/2013 1:52:41 PM
One of my favorite racers this gen was Split/Second. Now not your traditional car combat game, you used environmental take downs via triggering catastrophes once you've built up enough power.

Too bad this game really didn't catch on as some friends and I enjoyed the crap outa this one for a long time. One of the only games that had us completely laughing the whole time. Sequel got cancelled due to not enough sales.

What a pity as the tracks were the stars of that game. Would have loved to see what else they could have come up with. Oh well.
---
Do you know the "Sulu Dance?"
#37Stray_ZeroPosted 1/29/2013 4:13:37 PM
If only Rush 2049 was available for DD, that had a somewhat good battle mode, but since it was a Atari/Midway game...>_>
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)