This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there's one thing we can't buy, it's time. For those who play 1000+ hours...

#1HaloODSTDPosted 1/29/2013 7:20:10 AM
Can you imagine all the things you could have accomplished outside of video games? As we near closer to death, we look back at our lives to see if we truly "lived" as one would welcome death knowing they have truly lived their lives to the fullest.

Now, adding up the hours we spend suspended in virtual reality (sometimes hundreds of hours for a single game) really does add up in the grand scope of things, think of everything that can be going on in the world during that time, it's massive. Think of what you may have accomplished, what goal you reach, the travels you went, and the people you may have met during that time you've invested in gaming.
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/29/2013 7:21:07 AM
Can you sell your Xbox again...please?
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3SheepinatorPosted 1/29/2013 7:21:19 AM
Speaking of time, how many worthless topics do you create every day?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Banana_ManaPosted 1/29/2013 7:22:10 AM
I like videogames.

Time spent playing videogames is time well spent.

It's not time lost.

Think of all the time you p*** and s***. All the time you work, drive, sleep, complain... Etc.

If you take the logic that time is being lost, then pretty soon everything will be a waste of time. No book, movie, or anything will ever be enjoyable again.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#5HaloODSTD(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:26:47 AM(edited)
Sheepinator posted...
Speaking of time, how many worthless topics do you create every day?

more than I should. sorry, work gets very tedious.

SunDevil77 posted...
Can you sell your Xbox again...please?

LOL I literally had my new xbox for less than 24 hrs
#6MR_SorenPosted 1/29/2013 7:24:11 AM
I agree.

My brother told me that after playing World of Warcraft for one year, he had spend 3 full months worth of time in the game. It is sad to think of all the good things that could have come from all the time people spend on games.

That said, people do need some leisure activity and entertainment. You just have to balance it with other aspects of your life. That's why I usually play shorter games and then spend the rest of my time on other things.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#7RED_LINK1Posted 1/29/2013 7:26:19 AM
Sleep, work, school are the wastes of time to me. Necessary wastes of time indeed, but yeah I don't like them. I enjoy gaming.
#8StroutXPosted 1/29/2013 7:28:48 AM
Time spent wasted isnt wasted if you enjoy it.
#9DyingPancakePosted 1/29/2013 7:31:54 AM
Not wasted

There's nothing better than going away for a weekend doing nothing but kite-boarding on the ocean and then coming home to relax with a game
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#10BlueJester007Posted 1/29/2013 7:33:40 AM
I have a flux capacitor, but I don't have a generator for the 1.21 jigawatts.
---
Math illiteracy affects every 7 out of 5 people.