This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there's one thing we can't buy, it's time. For those who play 1000+ hours...

#31memphis12Posted 1/29/2013 10:15:39 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
memphis12 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
memphis12 posted...
I was actually thinking this a few days ago.

But, how many people are glued to their phones these days, watch tv, or films. How many years have we waisted on ex's, hangovers and so on.

Life's what you make of it, if gaming fills in the blanks, who cares.

I like to waist time.

If you know what I mean.

Hang on.

How could you.

That sentence makes no sense.

Why?

Because of waist. It's a noun, meaning the part of the human body below the ribs and above the hips, often narrower than the areas above and below.

What would have made that sentence work?

A verb.

Specifically the verb waste, meaning use or expend carelessly, extravagantly, or to no purpose.

I like to waste time.

:P

I never did like bananas :p

Haha...

Anyway, back to your point (you know the one you made before I started being a dick)...

Aside from hangovers - I like those - I get the phone / TV thing...

Some people (my students) seem to spend the entire day on their phones... And when not on phones they seem to watch the stupidest reality TV / soap opera shows...

It's kinda weird looking at a cafe full of students, 80% of whom are not looking at each other, but playing with phones.
Also when I give a 5 minute break (during a 2 or 3 hour class) they all whip phones out from nowhere and spend the whole break glued to some social media site.

Nobody talks.

It's ok, I knew you were doing it in jest ;-)

"nobody talks" agreed. I'm extremely sociable, I even got a Christmas card from my local super market as I just chat away lol. My sister is never off Facebook & Twitter. When we go to my mams for tea during week she hardly talks as she's glued to her IPhone scrolling through FB.

Yeah, my point was... everybody has something that someone else may class as a "WASTE of time" but that's their prerogative really. "teen mom" is utter hoop in my eyes, but my fiance can't get enough of it.

(grats on being a teacher/professor/lecturer by the way.)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#32TheBlueStigPosted 1/29/2013 10:19:51 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Can you sell your Xbox again...please?

---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin