This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another franchise dead

#1Akiba69Posted 1/29/2013 10:13:38 AM
Welp, looks like Crysis 3 is another game to be ruined this gen thanks to consoles. And no, this isn't a troll thread just because i say something you disagree with. It is the ugly truth, like it or not. Just like resident evil, just like dead space, just like splinter cell, just like hitman, all have been ruined and turned into generic cookie cutter games, losing what once made them stand out and special. I wouldn't waste your time with this game.
#2RayzerTagPosted 1/29/2013 10:18:47 AM(edited)
This thread will spark thoughtful and insightful discussion.

It also isn't the truth. CryTek selling out (if what you say is true, I haven't been following the game) is not the fault of the console market, it's the fault of either CryTek or EA not being able to resist temptation.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#3Akiba69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:18:38 AM
I know you are being sarcastic and that is fine, it is just a shame so many of you are so unaware of how bad it has gotten, and will brand me a troll or hater for telling it how it is, instead of facing reality.
#4Akiba69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:20:18 AM
"It also isn't the truth. CryTek selling out (if what you say is true, I haven't been following the game) is not the fault of the console market, it's the fault of either CryTek or EA not being able to resist temptation"

Which in itself is the fault of the console market. If they didn't buy and then defend their purchase as if their life depended on it they would actually put effort in again, instead of turning everything into the same generic game to be sure they will make a profit.
#5RayzerTagPosted 1/29/2013 10:23:01 AM(edited)
Akiba69 posted...
I know you are being sarcastic and that is fine, it is just a shame so many of you are so unaware of how bad it has gotten, and will brand me a troll or hater for telling it how it is, instead of facing reality.

That it has gotten 'bad' is your perspective. The mainstream audience prefers simpler games, so for them it's not bad. Your (and my) preferences are those of a niche market, and if you want more games that you like you should blame developers and publishers for not providing, not consumers simply buying games they enjoy.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#6campersniperPosted 1/29/2013 10:22:34 AM
lmao pc gaming.
---
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat.
#7DyingPancakePosted 1/29/2013 10:23:16 AM
LOL

Like anyone is going to care what the TC says.

He does nothing but spout garabge and scam people out codes they're willing to trade.

He'll also just ignore this because he's a pathetic individual
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 1/29/2013 10:23:35 AM
could you be more specific in the reasons you believe this?

I've been saying the same thing for years now...

it used to be groundbreaking gameplay and graphics on the PC, then they would scale it back so thtey can fit it onto consoles...sometimes changing the experience totally (BF2)

Now they develop the game for the console, and just port it over to PC...makes sense economically but it stagnated the industry...

lol theres no need to have a top end rig..any i5 blah blah blah can run todays games at max...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#9Akiba69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:25:16 AM
RayzerTag posted...
Akiba69 posted...

That it has gotten 'bad' is your perspective. The mainstream audience prefers simpler games, so for them it's not bad. Your preferences are those of a niche market, and if you want more games that you like you should blame developers and publishers for not providing, not consumers simply buying games they enjoy.

So you think it has improved? You think it is as creative as ever? Also when did quality games become niche?

Developers and publishers wouldn't continue to do as little work as they could if people didn't buy the games, but the problem with the gaming community is once they buy something, they feel as if they need to always talk positively of their purchase as to not get buyers remorse. And that in no way helps. It is amazing how many people were praising Dead Space 3, yet it has been butchered.
#10Akiba69(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:26:27 AM
DyingPancake posted...
LOL

Like anyone is going to care what the TC says.

He does nothing but spout garabge and scam people out codes they're willing to trade.

He'll also just ignore this because he's a pathetic individual

What are you even talking about? How is that related to the topic in any way?

I guess maybe console games being simple is a good thing, just look at this guy.