This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One thing I hope Microsoft does what Sony does

#21RoldragePosted 1/30/2013 2:41:39 AM
kingbahamut83 posted...
SolidStryder posted...
Alamyst_ posted...
Sony has won this generation and by the current looks of things will win next generation.

You guys enjoy paying and then paying and then paying and then finally playing.

:) For 50$ Sony gave me 22 games :)

Really? I don't know anyone who has both systems and chooses to play online with the PS3, 360 is generally the online system we use for games. We all have jobs and don't rely on our parents to buy us new games, pay for the Internet, etc. That may be why lol

nice. Everyone I know has Xbox. Only one has a ps3 and pretty sure its only used for blu ray movies. On a side note, I always see psn is down for maintenance, can you play online during that time? And there are only maybe 3 games that I would want a ps3 for, so why would I bothering dropping 200+ on one?

They give a notice days in advance, if you sign in between then and the maintenance time you can play online during the maintenance time.
---
Life is overrated.
#22diggyfreshPosted 1/30/2013 2:45:28 AM
Scymite posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
iNikeOne posted...
Day 1 digital download. Sony has the right idea with this and also if they discounted the game by 10% since lack of box would be even better. You guys think they will do this with the new Xbox?

Just because there's a lack of a box does NOT mean the game is automatically going to be cheaper. That's the biggest MYTH of digital distribution.

If digital distribution undercut retail media, it would put every brick and mortar media store out of business. I'm pretty sure amazon recently got sued for doing something like that.

this. cutting B&M out will be a game changer. expect to see a lot more marketing coming directly through consoles.

personally i'm all for day 1 digital. F gamestop.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#23RoldragePosted 1/30/2013 2:53:42 AM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
Alamyst_ posted...
Sony has won this generation and by the current looks of things will win next generation.

You guys enjoy paying and then paying and then paying and then finally playing.

:) For 50$ Sony gave me 22 games :)

Except that they didn't "give" you any games. You're just renting them for as long as you keep paying for PS+. If your subscription lapses, your games go away. If I stop paying for XBL Gold, I still have the games I bought.

If I buy games at a discount I keep them.
Any themes/avatars I get free through PS+ are to keep.
PS+ offers more than just the instant game collection, the early beta accesses, 1GB cloud storage and automatic downloading/uploading are also part of the package and with the sales they are constantly having (at least here in the EU, not sure about US) for 25% off the sub fee I would say that PS+ is worth it although it doesn't suit everyone.
---
Life is overrated.