This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning worth buying?

#1Brandy1977Posted 1/29/2013 1:21:35 PM
Played the demo and thought it might be decent but hear it did not do well and many people bash it.Im guessing its not worth buying?
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 1/29/2013 1:26:01 PM
It's too easy, the world is really uninteresting (it seems like kiddie fantasy, maybe you'll find it compelling if you're 8) it's huge but the story is fairly nonexistent, your choices don't influence the game at all. I had fun with it during a two-week stint after surgery while I was on painkillers, but the thrill was gone as soon as I quit the drugs. Probably not a coincidence.

I'm not saying there's no fun to be had, but you can do better if you want a RPG.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3MahoganyTooth92Posted 1/29/2013 1:26:47 PM
Competent enough, poor story, average combat, too much like an MMO without the online part.
---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken
#4MyNaM3IsJ0EPosted 1/29/2013 1:27:19 PM
I bought it a few months back and got hooked really fast. It was brilliant! Unfortunately, I have ADHD and the attention span of a squirrel so left it behind before really scratching the surface of it (despite clocking up like 15hrs on it - really long game)

I say check it out, can pick it up cheap now and it's well worth it if you like RPG's. Especially massive ones :)
---
Just a guy who loves games! :D
Add me on Xbox: MyNaM3IsJ0E and Twitter:_MyNaMeIsJoE_
#5reverence27Posted 1/29/2013 1:28:28 PM
Unless you pay maybe $5 and really need something to play, NO.
The final boss is fun, but the 8 hours from beginning till then is just boring.
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 1/29/2013 1:36:38 PM
depends on how much youre paying for it. its the type of game i wouldn't play unless youre nearly out of options. its not bad or anything, but its extremely generic with not a whole lot to it. Combat is decent fun, but as said its way too easy, theres no real interesting characters or dialogs, the story doesnt do much and the world feels lifeless almost mmo like in quality. it does have a lot of content however. For under $10 id say its a decent try.
#7LotrMorgothPosted 1/29/2013 1:39:33 PM
gameplay was fun for a little while; and its kind of cool to own software that destroyed Rhode Island.

But it's a pass; if you are looking for a substitute; Fable TLC is a similar game. Dragon's Dogma is combat oriented rpg that I thought was a lot of fun. Cool story, though pacing is off.
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#8chex81Posted 1/29/2013 2:16:23 PM
Hardcore coolness and refurbished assumptions aside, I had fun with the game. Although it was a little on the easy side, it offered some cool areas to be xplore and the combat was enjoyable.
---
gt/psn: chex81
#9LatchKeyKidPosted 1/29/2013 2:29:05 PM(edited)
I've been trying to play it recently, it has great gameplay, but boring everything else. Someone else said it, it's too much like a mmo. I feel like I'm going through the motions without much incentive to care.

In contrast, I picked up Risen 2 at the same time. Like the first one, it's a really rough game, but a great world and story. I couldn't put it down despite all of it's shortcomings.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#10Limp_sugarPosted 1/29/2013 2:29:36 PM
IMO no. Game is medicore in every way.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.