This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning worth buying?

#21Neo1661Posted 1/29/2013 7:05:08 PM
tisuko posted...
For people have played it, anywhere I can store my loot? I'm doing sidequests atm and I've got a load of loot I need to store ( very close to iventory limit)

There's a town. I forget the name of it, but its over ran by spiders. After clearing out the spiders, the town folk give you a house with a loot chest in it. You can google the name of the town.

Cheers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#22DrFeelgood1984Posted 1/29/2013 7:10:33 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Competent enough, poor story, average combat, too much like an MMO without the online part.

It began originally was an MMO. It's not a terrible game, but nothing stands out as being specacular. There are games that do what KoA does but do it better.
#23chrcolPosted 1/29/2013 8:26:33 PM
I played the demo and it felt very uncompetitive,. more like a mmo than a rpg.
#24chrcolPosted 1/29/2013 8:26:54 PM
reptitive I meant.
#25TrugamerPosted 1/29/2013 8:31:18 PM
It's worth playing not sure about buying.
The game has quality game play and a huge game world but the pacing is off due mainly to the level cap that will easily come before you finish the game if you are doing side quests.
#26memphis12Posted 1/30/2013 1:51:18 AM
I pre ordered this game, got it a day early, played it a few hours & realised it is to easy even on "hard" difficulty.

I just got 1000/1000 on it this week, but it takes a while! It is a huge! game! But, by the end I was bored as nothing could harm me.

What I did to try keeping KOA somewhat challenging was:

Don't use smithing (only for achiev)
Don't use crafting (only for achiev)
Don't roll a Mage as it's OP'd
Only use gear you find on your adventures.
Play on "hard" difficulty
When using potions to heal etc, use the radial menu RB or LB as using the D-Pad doesnt give you Cool Downs.
Don't use Reckoning mode (It's also OP'd)

Lockpicking is broken also, so don't invest points into it.

The game is very colourful, combat is amazing , the world is huge, tons of quests, factions to join. It's just a shame Studio 38 never released the difficulty patch before they went under.

If you don't mind a game that isn't too challenging , this game is amazing.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#27Banana_ManaPosted 1/30/2013 1:53:32 AM
memphis12 posted...
I pre ordered this game, got it a day early, played it a few hours & realised it is to easy even on "hard" difficulty.

I just got 1000/1000 on it this week, but it takes a while! It is a huge! game! But, by the end I was bored as nothing could harm me.

When using potions to heal etc, use the radial menu RB or LB as using the D-Pad doesnt give you Cool Downs.

The game is very colourful, combat is amazing , the world is huge, tons of quests, factions to join. It's just a shame Studio 38 never released the difficulty patch before they went under.

How can combat be amazing if the game is too easy? It's not really combat then...

Anyway,

I enjoyed what I played - only got about half way through, but it is a fun game... Just not very challenging, terribly written and way too big.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#28memphis12Posted 1/30/2013 2:03:45 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
memphis12 posted...

How can combat be amazing if the game is too easy? It's not really combat then...

Anyway,

I enjoyed what I played - only got about half way through, but it is a fun game... Just not very challenging, terribly written and way too big.

What? Of course it's combat. The definition of combat is basically to fight. Being outnumbered, not challenged etc has no baring on this whatsoever. The combat is addicting and very fun.. It is what kept me playing.

I really don't understand your point 0.o
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#29Halo_ForeverPosted 1/30/2013 6:25:13 AM
It is Fable done right, haven't played that much of it (10 hours) , but the time I spent was fun.

(In case your are wondering why I stopped playing I play 10-20 games back to back and got a bit sidetracked into ME3 MP after that. Definitely going to pick it up later again).
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....