This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel where I live is the biggest misstep against my switch to all digital.

#1CalistoCoonPosted 1/29/2013 5:17:42 PM
I would love to be a supporter of all digital games as I feel it would make over time it more possible for smaller developers to make games and make games that cost less due to not having to spend money on huge manufacturing and production fees.

However, I live in out in the middle of the country where a single ISP has a stranglehold on the entire market and refuses to allow anything more then 1.5 Megs down to be offered on their DSL lines.

So maybe in a country with better infrastructure nationwide would all digital be a reality, but as it is right now, too many places are too lacking in net speed to support an entire shift.

Not to mention some ISPs offering insanely low data usage caps.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/29/2013 5:19:57 PM
I wouldnt worry about it yet. This next gen of consoles will have physical discs still, but I am sure DD will be offered a lot more for everything. Hopefully they will have steam style sales too.

Maybe next gen after this new one you might have to worry about all DD.
#3GGearXPosted 1/29/2013 5:21:47 PM
Eh. How much for Internet? My parents pay 20 for 700 kb. And that's as high as they will go. Downloads suck, but online is playable.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#4tisukoPosted 1/29/2013 5:24:46 PM
I live in an apartment that has only 1 internet provider and its horrible. 1.5mbps, and trying to do anything on it is just worthless. Can barely even play Youtube videos on it.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#5GGearXPosted 1/29/2013 5:28:58 PM
tisuko posted...
I live in an apartment that has only 1 internet provider and its horrible. 1.5mbps, and trying to do anything on it is just worthless. Can barely even play Youtube videos on it.

Weird. I can watch YouTube just fine on it. Downloading anything takes a while though
---
#6darkharePosted 1/29/2013 5:35:06 PM
CalistoCoon posted...
I would love to be a supporter of all digital games as I feel it would make over time it more possible for smaller developers to make games and make games that cost less due to not having to spend money on huge manufacturing and production fees.

your a damn fool if you think their going to lower the cost of games just because they go digital.
---
a fish knows nothing but biting the hook.
#7GGearXPosted 1/29/2013 5:38:05 PM
darkhare posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

your a damn fool if you think their going to lower the cost of games just because they go digital.

Cost of manufacturing disks= 0 Dolla
Digital copies will be 30 bucks at most.
Steam is an example.
You just got served. Deal with it.
---
#8tisukoPosted 1/29/2013 5:40:58 PM
tisuko posted...

Weird. I can watch YouTube just fine on it. Downloading anything takes a while though

Oh I forgot to add. That this 1 mbps is shared within this complex. So if a lot of people are on at the same time, its like dialup speed then. Weekends were the most painful.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#9GGearXPosted 1/29/2013 5:44:19 PM
tisuko posted...
tisuko posted...

Oh I forgot to add. That this 1 mbps is shared within this complex. So if a lot of people are on at the same time, its like dialup speed then. Weekends were the most painful.

Ewwww ..... Ewwwww! I remember switching from dialup to 700 kb and then after a couple of days my mom switched it back because she didn't notice a difference. I beggggged her to go back, thankfully she did. Net zero was horrible.
---
#10darkharePosted 1/29/2013 5:45:25 PM
GGearX posted...
darkhare posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

Cost of manufacturing disks= 0 Dolla
Digital copies will be 30 bucks at most.
Steam is an example.
You just got served. Deal with it.

bring me salsa for my steak & eggs please, and a extra ice water.
---
a fish knows nothing but biting the hook.