This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please recommend a good, sociable party game.

#1LernaeanHydraPosted 1/29/2013 7:13:28 PM
My girlfriend and I are looking for an arcade-y type of game to play together. Something sociable with short, replayable levels and point-scoring/ranking so you can compete to see who's best. I am first and foremost an RPG gamer so I have no idea what to look for. The nearest thing I can think of is something like the mercenaries mini-game in Resident Evil or maybe a shmup, but I don't think she'd be into that kind of thing. It doesn't necessarily have to be a shooting game, just something skill based. I hear that Beautiful Katamari is good but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for. I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Oh, also I don't have access to xbl, which is unfortunate because it looks like there's a lot of good stuff on there.
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/29/2013 7:26:56 PM
Portal 2 might satisfy your needs.
Lego LoTR is also a ton of fun with the gals.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3the36thchamberPosted 1/29/2013 9:36:51 PM
as far as scoring goes thats really hard to say.project gotham racing 4 and geometry wars 2 are both fun and addictive scoring and time beating games i still play them and theyre both really cheap.

resident evil 5 mercenaries reunion(dlc or gold edition) is good too but it might take some getting used to if youve never played re5.

theres some fun coop/versus each other stuff like the dishwasher 2: vampire smile(xbla),blur and marvel vs capcom 3

anarchy reigns is great but youll have to pass the controller around unless you have more than one xbox because it doesnt have local mp
---
2013 Hype Dogs: Naruto UNS3,Metal Gear Rising,Castlevania LOS2,Crysis 3
GT-xNinjaScrollx
#4Rome218Posted 1/29/2013 10:24:53 PM(edited)
Renegade Ops is a good schump I think. Assault heroes is not as good but probably a lot easier. My ex gf and I beat that one.

Hmm.. women like Feeding Frenzy 2.

Peggle while it can be played against each other, it's more fun to work together to try and beat difficult stages. I used to play this with another ex, she was better at it than I was and got me past a lot of the post regular game stuff. It has a lot of replay value, I highly recommend getting this.

Arkadian Warriors. IMO it's a very sub par action RPG, but perfect for playing with a girl because of how simple it is.

Aegis Wing is free, but you better be good at it as you'll probably be doing all the work.

Those Lego games may be worth a try. I remember playing it years back with a girl, and it was easy until we got to certain levels. I think it was the first SW trilogy.

Minecraft might be a great one, I haven't tried it. I'd imagine it'd be pretty much like playing house. You can build the entire world, and she has to make sure that you do not have to worry about mundane tasks such as your food bar going down, and decorating or whatever. Although it is your duty to make sure she is not killed by zombies. It can be annoying making new maps for people.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#5metroidman92Posted 1/29/2013 11:40:47 PM
Maybe make some short, 1-round game of Firefight in Halo Reach?
---
new sig pending...
#6str8KnowledgePosted 1/30/2013 12:32:28 AM
Big Bumpin. It's like mario kart bumper cars except with BK characters.
#7crynryanPosted 1/30/2013 12:36:14 AM
There's that Karaoke game where you can pay for 2/6/24 hour intervals.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#8SheepinatorPosted 1/30/2013 12:44:02 AM
Lara Croft in Arcade.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9BigTlovesBEERPosted 1/30/2013 1:10:47 AM
Dance Central or Kinect Sports.
#10SoF-RamboPosted 1/30/2013 1:15:57 AM
MK Arcade Collection. Because nothing says I love you more than ripping her head off with her spine still attached to it. <3
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.