This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are there so many huge backlogs with so many total cheapskate gamers?

#71AmazingDanyPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:40 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
I have a backlog which has nothing to do with my finances or i how i manage them. I myself limit the amount of games i buy at full price usually 3-4 games and the rest i wait till they're atleast 10 dollars, well with the great invention called the internet and the trends most games have it doesn't take long for games to drop in price and because of this i often find myself buying other games i wanted for atleast 50 dollars less than what they originall cost. Best example i can give is every year a CoD game comes out i buy last years for 10 bucks, i never touch the online so the SP is worth the 10 bucks i spent.

Why no interest in the multiplayer?
#72WinternovaPosted 1/31/2013 9:22:11 AM
ajzoot posted...
It's honestly got to be a trend that's emerged within the past 5 years....

I feel like anytime spent on gamefaqs means constant exposure to poverty gamer threads about saving $15 a year on their live subscriptions, or about $100 being the difference between a day one purchase of a console they know nothing about, and waiting for a price drop....

... Then on the flipside everyone seems to have a huge pile of games they just haven't had time to open and play yet.... That they're thinking about putting on eBay... and a huge list of current games that are in a backlog... I don't even know where to start questioning the financial sensibilities of these people... Then there's the word backlog itself. Just a question, but does anybody that has ever experienced a proper job refer to having unplayed games as a backlog?

I have. Hell, I have 2 Atari 2600 games in the shrinkwrap that I have yet to open and play. :-)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#73MR_SorenPosted 1/31/2013 9:34:22 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
what you are seeing is the difference between hardcore gamers and casual gamers.

hardcore gamers are the ones that don't have huge backlogs because they play everyday.

casual gamer play when they can..in between work, family, and other social activities...basically gaming is not at the center of the casual players universe...which is why they are called casual...they pick of the controller when it's convenient...

Hardcore gamers will be camped out for the 720 no matter how much it costs, because gaming is central to their lives.

casual gamers can afford to take their time, and wait for price drops because it's not THAT important to have the newest technology day 1...they don't even play that much. Think about it, would you be willing to pay $699 for the newest bowling ball when you only go once or twice a month?

People get offended when you call them casual as if it's a reflection of their gaming choices...when it really has to do with their gaming patterns

then their are just plain ole cheap folks who waste time equal to the money they save, and call it a deal...worse than women when they see the words S-A-L-E

Disagree. Hardcore does not mean unemployed loser with no friends or family.

In general, the terms hardcore and casual are stupid and people just use them to project a negative impression on others.

If the terms hardcore and casual are to be used, it shouldn't be about people or games. It should be used by people to describe their own approach towards a specific game.

Example:

I played Tetris casually. I'd pop in a quarter, have fun, eventually lose and be happy with the quarter I spent. When the home versions released, I'd play them now and again with my friends, but never attempted to master the game.

Now this guy, he is a hardcore Tetris player:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

He clearly put a lot of time and effort into being good at Tetris. It wasn't just an occasional bit of entertainment, it was a passion.

Likewise, I play CoD: BO2 casually, but I was fairly hardcore with Deathsmiles.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello