This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The graphics in Crysis 3 are embarrassing.

#21BeastLeeAdamsPosted 1/30/2013 6:46:23 AM
Crysis does not even look that good anyway. It might on PC's but on consoles most people do not care. There hasn't a game that looked really good since Skyrim and I am probably going to go with GTA 5 to be the last great game to push boundaries. Let's face it 7 years with the Xbox 360 as graphics do not matter that much. Crysis 3 won't sell as much as the 2ns because shooters are just boring now.
#22LandfillAOPosted 1/30/2013 12:50:05 PM(edited)
Gingarito posted...
Pride > UFC

That's putting it mildly. After having watched mma since 2001, I finally stopped watching recently, especially the UFC. Watch Bellator a little but that's it. Thankfully it's basketball season and I have something else to watch consistently.

BeastLeeAdams posted...
Crysis does not even look that good anyway. It might on PC's but on consoles most people do not care. There hasn't a game that looked really good since Skyrim and I am probably going to go with GTA 5 to be the last great game to push boundaries. Let's face it 7 years with the Xbox 360 as graphics do not matter that much. Crysis 3 won't sell as much as the 2ns because shooters are just boring now.

Skyrim? Skyrim was the last game to look really good to you? I honestly wouldn't put it anywhere near my top 10. Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 are both significantly better looking open world games than Skyrim.
#23AkaimizuPosted 1/30/2013 12:54:01 PM(edited)
I would say Far Cry 3 looks better, if on PC and higher graphics settings. Assassin's Creed 3 looks better, if you take all the stuff and objects out of Skyrim, that is.

For some, all that real object detail that permeates so much of Skyrim actually counts and adds both color, art, and beauty to the world. The fact that Assassin's Creed hardly dresses up a scene as much takes it down, IMO.

---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#24BeastLeeAdamsPosted 1/30/2013 1:26:38 PM
LandfillAO posted...
Gingarito posted...
Pride > UFC

That's putting it mildly. After having watched mma since 2001, I finally stopped watching recently, especially the UFC. Watch Bellator a little but that's it. Thankfully it's basketball season and I have something else to watch consistently.

BeastLeeAdams posted...

Skyrim? Skyrim was the last game to look really good to you? I honestly wouldn't put it anywhere near my top 10. Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 are both significantly better looking open world games than Skyrim.

Have not played Far Cry 3, but Assassins Creed was not mind blowing, like Skyrim was at the time. AC3 has average graphics for the time and does not look near as well done as Skyrim.
#25LandfillAOPosted 1/30/2013 1:53:12 PM
Akaimizu posted...
I would say Far Cry 3 looks better, if on PC and higher graphics settings. Assassin's Creed 3 looks better, if you take all the stuff and objects out of Skyrim, that is.

For some, all that real object detail that permeates so much of Skyrim actually counts and adds both color, art, and beauty to the world. The fact that Assassin's Creed hardly dresses up a scene as much takes it down, IMO.

If we're going beyond the simple visuals then you need to factor in other details about FC3 and AC3, as well. So much more of Far Cry 3 runs in true real time. Skryim's day/night cycle isn't even true real time where as in Far Cry 3 you can literally see the rotation of the earth. You also have to account for physics, destruction, fire propagation etc. in FC3

And as for AC3, the weather effects, animation system, framerate etc is all much better and the fully procedural oceans are definitely mind blowing. Each of these games has it's own set of things it focuses on game engine wise and graphics wise so to directly compare them in each area would be unfair. Skyrim is big on loot so of course it will focus more on objects than the other 2. Skyrims detail and objects is amazing, but I still don't think it's visually a great looking game.

BeastLeeAdams posted...
Have not played Far Cry 3, but Assassins Creed was not mind blowing, like Skyrim was at the time. AC3 has average graphics for the time and does not look near as well done as Skyrim.

Skyrim was not visually mind blowing at the time, though. Sure the game itself was mind blowing and of course the detail was, but visually I can't see anything about it more impressive than AC3. AC3 having average graphics has to be a joke, especially if you're comparing it to other open world games. The fully procedural oceans in AC3 during the naval missions are more mind blowing visually than anything in Skyrim imo. As is the snow and the way the snow affected the movement of Connar.
#26NeoGeoXSegaPosted 1/30/2013 4:21:04 PM
I too disagree about the graphics. In comparison to PC Crysis 3, yes, they are garbage. But they have improved from C2 on consoles, and are better than most console games this gen.

If by most, you must mean most middling bargain bin FPS.
Pretty much any high profiled FPS in the past 4 years looks & runs better than the Crysis games on consoles.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#27Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 1/30/2013 4:49:28 PM
Maybe it's just the grass(in the game) playing tricks on my eyes but C3 looks better to me than C2 did on consoles. I wasn't as impressed with C2 graphically as most were. I think C3 fits the praise more than C2.
#28OKRecords1138Posted 1/31/2013 12:57:50 PM
Good graphics or bad graphics, Crisis 2 is still one of the dumbest games I've ever played.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#29GoIrish80Posted 1/31/2013 1:00:52 PM
You people choose to game on consoles, stop acting like you REALLY care about how good or bad the graphics are.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#30SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 1:02:02 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
You people choose to game on consoles, stop acting like you REALLY care about how good or bad the graphics are.

Get back under your bridge, noob.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.