This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a gaming franchise you wish had just been left alone?

#1memphis12Posted 1/30/2013 1:33:05 AM
I loved Bioshock, never really read up on it. Just bought it, played it, loved it. I've never played the sequel, never intend to either. Seeing Bioshock Infinite advertised lately it got me thinking.

Obviously I wouldn't want a franchise to stop solely because I have lost interest in it, but inside I'm thinking "just stop now"

Films such as Bevery Hills Cop 3, Jurassic Park 3, Robocop 3, Godfather 3, Lost Boys 2 and many others just shouldn't have been made. (In my opinion)

What game or franchise do you feel was best left at the original or needs to stop now?

Mine is: Bioshock.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#2glassghost0Posted 1/30/2013 1:35:07 AM
But Infinite isn't related to 1 or 2 at all
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3Mr_GreenXPosted 1/30/2013 1:38:49 AM(edited)
I wish the Mass Effect series wasn't bought by EA. I guess it might be Bioware (not sure). But still
#4memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:42:20 AM
glassghost0 posted...

And?
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5glassghost0Posted 1/30/2013 1:47:09 AM
memphis12 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

And?

I don't understand why you think it needs to be left alone
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#6memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 2:08:42 AM
glassghost0 posted...
memphis12 posted...
glassghost0 posted...

And?

I don't understand why you think it needs to be left alone

I just think Bioshock should have been left at that. As an original one off, a Classic. I don't know how Bioshock Infinity will do in rating or sales, that's not what I was getting at.
A lot of "sequels" have little or nothing to with the previous title. I know they're keeping elements from Bioshock & it is the 3rd game in the franchise.

This is just my personal opinion, and I said Infinity got me thinking. Like I said, I don't want this to happen as it's just me that thinks it.. I just wondered what you guys personally wanted left alone.
---
#7Limp_sugarPosted 1/30/2013 2:11:05 AM
I've always thought max Payne should have ended with the first.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#8Erupt50Posted 1/30/2013 2:12:58 AM
Resident evil should have ended after 4. A shame what happened to that franchise.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#9headwounds13Posted 1/30/2013 2:13:41 AM
Good thing wishes like this don't come true.

"Hey, Ken Levine, I loved me some System Shock 2, but I wish you'd just leave it alone..."

And now you never got to play Bioshock.
---
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#10Limp_sugarPosted 1/30/2013 2:16:19 AM
Erupt50 posted...
Resident evil should have ended after 4. A shame what happened to that franchise.

I completely agree with this as well.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.