This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a gaming franchise you wish had just been left alone?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is there a gaming franchise you wish had just been left alone?
4 years ago#21
So, grizzmo, you obviously don't care about the Haloverse if you didn't care about the story in 4.

It's easily one of strongest game in the series story wise
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
4 years ago#22
Erupt50 posted...
Resident evil should have ended after 4. A shame what happened to that franchise.

There's that one game on the 3DS, Revelations, which is damn good and it's coming to allhome consoles.
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
4 years ago#23
I'd have rather had Resident Evil end after Code Veronica. I didn't enjoy 4 or 6.
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
4 years ago#24
Phantasy Star is the big one for me. I hated the track they took with it after IV.
4 years ago#25
I agree with some franchises doing too many sequels, but I'm sorry Bioshock is a bad example of this. Infinite looks awesome.
4 years ago#26
I too, can't agree with Bioshock, the game was stellar, but Infinite isn't really so much a sequel as continuation of an idea, though it is still a sequel, but not in a traditional sense, it works on the same core themes as the first game, but Infinite is it's own game in terms of story, setting, etc. (like a final fantasy title), IMO, Infinite has a solid chance of outdoing the original, which by the way is my favorite game of all time.

As for me, I would say I don't have one, there are franchises I wished had turned out differently, but none that I wish had just stopped.
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
4 years ago#27
Final Fantasy. It's obvious Square/Enix is just using the name as a way to cash in and each game is different anyhow. I really think that if games aren't set in the same world, they need a new name.
4 years ago#28
TheRob posted...
headwounds13 posted...
Good thing wishes like this don't come true.

"Hey, Ken Levine, I loved me some System Shock 2, but I wish you'd just leave it alone..."

And now you never got to play Bioshock.

Bioshock is only a spiritual successor to System Shock not part of the same series, so that analogy doesn't work.

Bioshock:Infinite is only a spiritual successor to Bioshock, not a direct sequel, so that analogy works perfectly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
4 years ago#29
Not left alone but I wish they spent another year developing Mass Effect 3. I don't mind the Extended Cut endings but compared to the first two games it feels very linear and all over the place at times. I still prefer it to Mass Effect 1, but another year developing it would make it much better I think. Other than that I feel like Gears of War should be left alone until next gen, and Assassin's Creed should stop coming out yearly and be left alone for a while.
4 years ago#30
GOW I loved 1-3 even tho I will get Judgment I would of liked them to just extended the DLC for Gow 3 for another season
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is there a gaming franchise you wish had just been left alone?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived