This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a gaming franchise you wish had just been left alone?

#21SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 6:41:12 AM
So, grizzmo, you obviously don't care about the Haloverse if you didn't care about the story in 4.

It's easily one of strongest game in the series story wise
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#22pafbonkPosted 1/30/2013 7:05:17 AM
Erupt50 posted...
Resident evil should have ended after 4. A shame what happened to that franchise.

There's that one game on the 3DS, Revelations, which is damn good and it's coming to allhome consoles.
---
Official Pikachu of the Pokemon X board.
"1+1=2" -NickLOLZ
#23BahamutBBobPosted 1/30/2013 7:33:49 AM
I'd have rather had Resident Evil end after Code Veronica. I didn't enjoy 4 or 6.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#24pakathecatPosted 1/30/2013 7:35:14 AM
Phantasy Star is the big one for me. I hated the track they took with it after IV.
#25abombt7Posted 1/30/2013 12:10:45 PM
I agree with some franchises doing too many sequels, but I'm sorry Bioshock is a bad example of this. Infinite looks awesome.
#26bluehat94Posted 1/30/2013 12:31:08 PM(edited)
I too, can't agree with Bioshock, the game was stellar, but Infinite isn't really so much a sequel as continuation of an idea, though it is still a sequel, but not in a traditional sense, it works on the same core themes as the first game, but Infinite is it's own game in terms of story, setting, etc. (like a final fantasy title), IMO, Infinite has a solid chance of outdoing the original, which by the way is my favorite game of all time.

As for me, I would say I don't have one, there are franchises I wished had turned out differently, but none that I wish had just stopped.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#27randomweirdoPosted 1/30/2013 12:32:24 PM
Final Fantasy. It's obvious Square/Enix is just using the name as a way to cash in and each game is different anyhow. I really think that if games aren't set in the same world, they need a new name.
#28WinternovaPosted 1/30/2013 12:36:19 PM(edited)
TheRob posted...
headwounds13 posted...
Good thing wishes like this don't come true.

"Hey, Ken Levine, I loved me some System Shock 2, but I wish you'd just leave it alone..."

And now you never got to play Bioshock.

Bioshock is only a spiritual successor to System Shock not part of the same series, so that analogy doesn't work.

Bioshock:Infinite is only a spiritual successor to Bioshock, not a direct sequel, so that analogy works perfectly.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#29ZacTBPosted 1/30/2013 12:36:07 PM
Not left alone but I wish they spent another year developing Mass Effect 3. I don't mind the Extended Cut endings but compared to the first two games it feels very linear and all over the place at times. I still prefer it to Mass Effect 1, but another year developing it would make it much better I think. Other than that I feel like Gears of War should be left alone until next gen, and Assassin's Creed should stop coming out yearly and be left alone for a while.
#30FlyBoyZombiPosted 1/30/2013 12:41:34 PM
GOW I loved 1-3 even tho I will get Judgment I would of liked them to just extended the DLC for Gow 3 for another season