This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a gaming franchise you wish had just been left alone?

#31Res5Posted 1/30/2013 1:51:42 PM
Not really. I always love to see how a franchise can be expanded on or even changed. How will they handle a new genre? How will they handle a change in setting/era? How can they connect this to the original? If it's a prequel how can they make you think "wtf" about events in the original?
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#32memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 3:04:54 PM
Winternova posted...
TheRob posted...
headwounds13 posted...
Good thing wishes like this don't come true.

"Hey, Ken Levine, I loved me some System Shock 2, but I wish you'd just leave it alone..."

And now you never got to play Bioshock.

Bioshock is only a spiritual successor to System Shock not part of the same series, so that analogy doesn't work.

Bioshock:Infinite is only a spiritual successor to Bioshock, not a direct sequel, so that analogy works perfectly.

What are you on?

Never did anyone say Bioshock: Infinite is a direct sequel, it's the 3rd instalment of the BIOSHOCK franchise. His analogy doesn't work. You trying to add things no one has said in order to prove a point is a new low for you.

How would leaving System Shock 2 alone have any effect on the Bioshock franchise at all? It wouldn't.

You've missed the point completely as always ;-)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#33Evil SquallPosted 1/30/2013 4:10:42 PM
Resident evil should have ended after 4. A shame what happened to that franchise.

Should have ended with CVX you mean. RE4 was atrocious.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#34JuhanorPosted 1/30/2013 4:28:02 PM
There are so, so many this generation alone...

Halo, Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders, Prototype, Assassin's Creed....
#35bluehat94Posted 1/30/2013 4:44:49 PM
memphis12 posted...
Winternova posted...
TheRob posted...
headwounds13 posted...
Good thing wishes like this don't come true.

"Hey, Ken Levine, I loved me some System Shock 2, but I wish you'd just leave it alone..."

And now you never got to play Bioshock.

Bioshock is only a spiritual successor to System Shock not part of the same series, so that analogy doesn't work.

Bioshock:Infinite is only a spiritual successor to Bioshock, not a direct sequel, so that analogy works perfectly.

What are you on?

Never did anyone say Bioshock: Infinite is a direct sequel, it's the 3rd instalment of the BIOSHOCK franchise. His analogy doesn't work. You trying to add things no one has said in order to prove a point is a new low for you.

How would leaving System Shock 2 alone have any effect on the Bioshock franchise at all? It wouldn't.

Bioshock takes a lot of themes and ideas from System Shock 2, had they left it alone, Bioshock probably would have been considerably different than how it is, how are you not getting that?
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#36Mogga123_5Posted 1/30/2013 4:45:23 PM

Prototype was 2 games and the studio has been shuttered, I don't think you have anything to worry about, same as Darksiders unless someone picks up the rights & Vigil Games.

Ninja Gaiden should of finished at 2.

Assassin's Creed is a fair point, most of them are ****.
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking
#37WinternovaPosted 1/30/2013 5:06:21 PM
memphis12 posted...
What are you on?

It's the 5th installment in the *Shock franchise.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#38SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 5:15:55 PM
Juhanor posted...

Again, where is the bad Halo game? Or Darksiders? Or Assassins Creed?
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#39bluehat94Posted 1/30/2013 5:27:22 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Juhanor posted...

Again, where is the bad Halo game? Or Darksiders? Or Assassins Creed?

A lot of people didn't like Revelations too much, but the rest were pretty solid.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#40SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/30/2013 5:30:29 PM
Nah, to be honest I am enjoying most big games this gen.

I really like the newer RE's, 5 and 6
I enjoy all the Halo's.
I enjoyed Tomb Raider and the reboot looks good.

To be honest, any game that I have enjoyed in the past, of course I'd like seeing a well done sequal

Actually the only game series they should just give up on is Final Fantasy. Thats the only one IMO thats become a complete turd. I loved in on NES and SNES, but since part 7 the series has been garbage except like 1 game since then, and not 7.