This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People are STILL hacking the accounts of others via the Fifa method.

#11pothocketPosted 1/30/2013 12:06:09 PM
LOL ITT, but seriously, I thought it was against ToS to sexually harass people.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12Arucard05Posted 1/30/2013 12:06:55 PM
@Arucard: Probably because an XBL account that's been paid for is more valuable than a free PSN account. Also, I read that at least some of the hacked accounts are being used to download COD maps or season passes; it would make sense if whoever's hacking them has more friends on XBL than on PSN.

People are using stored credit card information to buy large amounts of points. That should be applicable to both systems if it was simply a matter of using the same password information I think. I truly do want to know what the deal is.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#13GGearXPosted 1/30/2013 12:08:10 PM
pothocket posted...
LOL ITT, but seriously, I thought it was against ToS to sexually harass people.

Thanks for the heads up. ODSTD is a beautiful person. She's lovely. <3
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#14bob15xPosted 1/30/2013 12:12:01 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
and people still stand behind paying for xbl because of it's security as opposed to psn

how is this MS fault?
#15Super CreaturesPosted 1/30/2013 12:30:11 PM
Compromising an account's security has nothing to do with FIFA.

FIFA is the middle man for the financial gain from compromising an account, it is not involved in the actual compromising of the account.

FIFA is used because it allows you to purchase content and trade it to another account, so people buy this tradeable content from people selling it for cheaper than you can purchase it through the game, often times from accounts that have been stolen and credit card fraud committed to purchase said content, and they may or may not knowingly be doing so.

FIFA itself has nothing to do with compromising the account, it is just the financial incentive for doing so.

Just because their product/service is being used for financial gain once an account is stolen, through any number of methods, most of which are not directly related to MS or EA, does not make them liable for the account being stolen, unless it is a direct result of their failure to provide proper security.

I guess people that want to blame MS/EA for their accounts getting stolen are the same people that want to blame Ebay and Craigslist when they are used to sell stolen property, without the knowledge of Ebay/Craigslist that the seller is listing stolen property.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#16WinternovaPosted 1/30/2013 12:33:45 PM
Arucard05 posted...
@Arucard: Probably because an XBL account that's been paid for is more valuable than a free PSN account. Also, I read that at least some of the hacked accounts are being used to download COD maps or season passes; it would make sense if whoever's hacking them has more friends on XBL than on PSN.

People are using stored credit card information to buy large amounts of points. That should be applicable to both systems if it was simply a matter of using the same password information I think. I truly do want to know what the deal is.

Because they can steal the account information directly from the source: Sony.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)