This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Senator Lamar Alexander - 'Video games [are] a bigger problem than guns'

#21MRL3G3NDPosted 1/30/2013 2:12:34 PM
I'm an American and I just want to say that Americans are stupid...

The problem stems from guns getting into mentally ill peoples hands

Just earlier this year the Republicans were gung ho in closing and cutting funds for social services, putting millions of mentally ill people out in the streets...

In every past mass shooting, the shooter had mental health issues...they could get guns faster and easier than they could get help..that would tell a smart person something BUT

this is America..we'd rather blame something totally unrelated because it's easier; also we can say we took care of the problem.

Cause really I don't know when the last time somebody came in a school and started throwing games around like ninja stars and killing people...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#22shawnmckPosted 1/30/2013 2:26:20 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...

Just earlier this year the Republicans were gung ho in closing and cutting funds for social services, putting millions of mentally ill people out in the streets...

^ Where did you hear this bull-crap ?
Let me guess...some Democrat on CNN or one of the other Liberal News organizations...?
The Republicans can't make policy right now...they DON'T have the numbers in the Senate, and they DON'T own the white house.
All legislation coming out of the White-House & the Senate is predominately Democrat legislation.
And anything that Republicans do put forth is voted down by the Democrats who hold a majority.

So you are misinformed.
#23shawnmckPosted 1/30/2013 2:32:31 PM
Also, ex Mayor Rudolph Giuliani tried to pass laws in New York that got homeless the mental help they needed, because he viewed it as a serious problem.
Guess who stopped him ?
It was the Democrats, who argued that it was unconstitutional to force anyone to get any type of psychiatric help if they don't want to.
#24GGearXPosted 1/30/2013 2:33:58 PM
I can't believe people care about politics. Democrats or Republicans. They both have problems. What I don't get is why don't they put special chips inside guns and if a person welding a gun gets close to a school, then the gun will be locked. Unless a gun is way more complex than I think it is.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#25DyingPancakePosted 1/30/2013 2:41:04 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...

I would love to see a source for this
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#26Res5Posted 1/30/2013 2:47:10 PM
I stick by my opinion that those who know nothing about something should never have anything to say about it if they are in a position of power and are able to potentially do something about it. Some government officials even have the gall to say that gamers don't have a say in what happens to our video games. In what world does "the people who know the most about something and it affects the most have no say in what happens to the something" make any sort of sense?
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#27BJW1980Posted 1/30/2013 2:47:12 PM
Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.
#28shawnmckPosted 1/30/2013 2:51:07 PM
BJW1980 posted...

^ Along with people with knives, cars, hammers (or any blunt object), poison, scissors, gasoline & a match, a chord, or any number of things, including their bare hands.
#29GGearXPosted 1/30/2013 2:53:26 PM
shawnmck posted...
BJW1980 posted...

^ Along with people with knives, cars, hammers (or any blunt object), poison, scissors, gasoline & a match, a chord, or any number of things, including their bare hands.

What kinds of people?
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#30MajorPoopStormPosted 1/30/2013 3:03:22 PM(edited)
GGearX posted...
shawnmck posted...
BJW1980 posted...

What kinds of people?

Republicans... Republicans kill people with their stupidity.
---
"You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron."
- Christopher Walken