This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Senator Lamar Alexander - 'Video games [are] a bigger problem than guns'

#31Carte360Posted 1/30/2013 3:05:28 PM
shawnmck posted...
Geist posted...
It's funny how far some will go to protect their ability to own an M16.

^ You don't know what you are talking about.
You CAN'T own an M-16 without a special license, in which case you have to be either in the military or a member of the police.
Normal citizens CAN'T own a M-16.

I also find it very hypocritical of people on these boards....They ignore comments of Senators Harry Reid, Nancy Pilosi, Hilary Clinton (when she was a Senator), Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, and even Joe Biden (Vice President) and some others (all Democrats) who have said the very same thing...but a Republican makes the comment and we are supposed to conclude that all Republicans are terrible and somehow anti-video-game.
Who is it that actually proposes doing actual bans...?
It AIN'T the Republicans, but are in fact the Democrats.
What a bunch of hypocrites.

You must not pay attention or something because I remember the big snot storm over Biden 'looking into video game violence".
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#32MestizoFreakPosted 1/30/2013 3:08:52 PM
"Video games is a bigger problem than guns because they affect people."

So do other things, like media, propaganda, politics, money, and religion. Do you think the Civil War started when Mario flipped off Cloud? Was the Battle at Wounded Knee caused because Master Chief slept with Lara Croft, and it severely upset the guy from Doom?
#33Carte360Posted 1/30/2013 3:10:39 PM
MestizoFreak posted...
"Video games is a bigger problem than guns because they affect people."

So do other things, like media, propaganda, politics, money, and religion. Do you think the Civil War started when Mario flipped off Cloud? Was the Battle at Wounded Knee caused because Master Chief slept with Lara Croft, and it severely upset the guy from Doom?

Wait, you're seriously going to sit there and tell me video games DIDN'T cause the civil war?!

What do they teach kids in school these days?
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#34Great_Pudding_3Posted 1/30/2013 3:21:28 PM
http://www.develop-online.net/news/43087/California-Senator-tells-gamers-to-quiet-down

A little reminder for our left leaning friends with selective memory.
---
PSN: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon
#35natevinesPosted 1/30/2013 3:21:56 PM
The whole bringing the argument to an absurdity - "I JUST PLAYED HALO AND NOW I WANNA KILL PPL LOL HAHAHAH" - is so played out and obnoxious. Obviously that's not what people are saying. It's just as asinine as the people on YouTube who film guns and, being masters of comedy, order the guns to kill somebody, and when they don't they declare, 'guns don't kill people! lol'.

Just wanted to rant about it. I don't agree with Alexander or the demonization of video games, nor am I terribly interested in gun control, but every single one of these threads is filled with abject examples of cliched comedy that adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#36Rob_the_NinjaPosted 1/30/2013 3:26:19 PM
http://www.yugioh-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/tp7/huge/TP7-EN009.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/ARxIB.gif
#37Carte360Posted 1/30/2013 3:27:46 PM
natevines posted...
The whole bringing the argument to an absurdity - "I JUST PLAYED HALO AND NOW I WANNA KILL PPL LOL HAHAHAH" - is so played out and obnoxious. Obviously that's not what people are saying. It's just as asinine as the people on YouTube who film guns and, being masters of comedy, order the guns to kill somebody, and when they don't they declare, 'guns don't kill people! lol'.

Just wanted to rant about it. I don't agree with Alexander or the demonization of video games, nor am I terribly interested in gun control, but every single one of these threads is filled with abject examples of cliched comedy that adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

Which is just as bad as people saying "Games cause violence, nah I don't have any proof, but I'm going to sit here and talk about how we should get rid of video games that DO (read: 100%) cause violence."
---
#38SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 3:31:04 PM
/waits for the obligatory BlueStig post
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#39temgunPosted 1/30/2013 3:47:13 PM
It's funny to see old (and important) people talking about things they have absolutely no idea of.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#40vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 3:57:41 PM
DyingPancake posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

Just earlier this year the Republicans were gung ho in closing and cutting funds for social services, putting millions of mentally ill people out in the streets...

I would love to see a source for this

Use google. It's not hard to find a source, although MR is a little misguided in saying it was just Republicans-- it wasn't. Just mostly Republican governors.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF