This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Senator Lamar Alexander - 'Video games [are] a bigger problem than guns'

#41vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 3:01:16 PM
Great_Pudding_3 posted...
http://www.develop-online.net/news/43087/California-Senator-tells-gamers-to-quiet-down

A little reminder for our left leaning friends with selective memory.

There's plenty of stupid to go around, but only the Republican party has included stupid in it's party platform. Bobby Jindal and Rance Priebus didn't go on record as telling their party to stop being the party of stupid because it's become a haven for the nation's braintrust.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#42BJW1980Posted 1/30/2013 3:27:37 PM
shawnmck posted...
BJW1980 posted...
Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

^ Along with people with knives, cars, hammers (or any blunt object), poison, scissors, gasoline & a match, a chord, or any number of things, including their bare hands.

The sole purpose of a gun is to kill effectively at a distance instantly. Everything else you mentioned has a primary purpose other than killing (except maybe poison).
#43PoloMan6Posted 1/30/2013 3:44:12 PM
Hard to argue, those DVD's and Blurays have awfully sharp edges.
#44JuhanorPosted 1/30/2013 3:49:09 PM
More like Senator Lamer, right guys?
#45zerooo0Posted 1/30/2013 3:54:47 PM(edited)
vigorm0rtis posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Funny half the people in TN would disagree with him. Shoot half the people in TN doesn't even like him.

Also inb4racistTNremarks.

Half the people might, but the Republican party (despite it's recent claims of being 'populist') don't try to bother to appeal to the majority-- or even reasonable people outside their party anymore.

Well not every Republican thinks the same. Same goes for Democrats.

Like I'm a Republican, but I never agree with their view on games, etc. I just agree with their other views more than Democrats.

Putting it simple both suck.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#46vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 3:55:50 PM
zerooo0 posted...
>

Well not every Republican thinks the same. Same goes for Democrats.

Putting it simple both suck.

May be true, but the appeal is to a type, and it works for Republicans, because one of the party's strengths is that it votes in lockstep. Democrats are like herding cats.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#47Dragon NexusPosted 1/30/2013 4:02:55 PM
Shoot half the people in TN

You heard it here first!
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#48BlackReignMCWPosted 1/30/2013 4:12:38 PM(edited)
I am actually quite surprised that Senator Alexander had the time to make this argument between bouts of cousin humping.
---
My Buddy's Uncle's Cousin's Brother has a friend who works in Atlantis and saw Batman nut punch an albino midget Unicorn wrestler. True story.
#49LonnyJohnsonPosted 1/30/2013 4:12:20 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Shoot half the people in TN

You heard it here first!

How about instead we shoot Dragon Nexus. Sounds like a better idea.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#50zerooo0Posted 1/30/2013 4:15:40 PM
shawnmck posted...
Geist posted...
It's funny how far some will go to protect their ability to own an M16.

^ You don't know what you are talking about.
You CAN'T own an M-16 without a special license, in which case you have to be either in the military or a member of the police.
Normal citizens CAN'T own a M-16.

I also find it very hypocritical of people on these boards....They ignore comments of Senators Harry Reid, Nancy Pilosi, Hilary Clinton (when she was a Senator), Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, and even Joe Biden (Vice President) and some others (all Democrats) who have said the very same thing...but a Republican makes the comment and we are supposed to conclude that all Republicans are terrible and somehow anti-video-game.
Who is it that actually proposes doing actual bans...?
It AIN'T the Republicans, but are in fact the Democrats.
What a bunch of hypocrites.

Politics my dear chap.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip