This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Senator Lamar Alexander - 'Video games [are] a bigger problem than guns'

#51Dragon NexusPosted 1/30/2013 6:04:08 PM
How about instead we shoot Dragon Nexus. Sounds like a better idea.

You can't hurt me! My wings are like a shield of steel!
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#52DreadedZer0Posted 1/30/2013 6:16:52 PM
Geist posted...
It's funny how far some will go to protect their ability to own an AR-15.

Fixed.
---
When in doubt, destroy a Prius.
#53DyingPancakePosted 1/30/2013 6:20:25 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
DyingPancake posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

Just earlier this year the Republicans were gung ho in closing and cutting funds for social services, putting millions of mentally ill people out in the streets...

I would love to see a source for this

Use google. It's not hard to find a source, although MR is a little misguided in saying it was just Republicans-- it wasn't. Just mostly Republican governors.

If someone is going to state something in a debate they need to back it up from where they got the source from
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#54Super CreaturesPosted 1/30/2013 9:13:34 PM
BJW1980 posted...
The sole purpose of a gun is to kill effectively at a distance instantly.

Nope, sorry, the multi-million dollar shooting competition business, involving all ages, including people who don't shoot a gun for any other purpose, not to mention Olympic events, disagrees with you.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#55TheBlueStigPosted 1/30/2013 9:18:17 PM
shawnmck posted...
Geist posted...
It's funny how far some will go to protect their ability to own an M16.

^ You don't know what you are talking about.
You CAN'T own an M-16 without a special license, in which case you have to be either in the military or a member of the police.
Normal citizens CAN'T own a M-16.

If you live in one of the 18 states that allows it, you can actually buy full auto weapons made before 1986 with the NFA permit and the $200 Tax Stamp.

The catch is, that permit takes about 4 to 6 months to obtain, and transferable full auto weapons are massively expensive, 5 to 6 figures.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#56vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 9:18:47 PM
Super Creatures posted...

Nope, sorry, the multi-million dollar shooting competition business, involving all ages, including people who don't shoot a gun for any other purpose, not to mention Olympic events, disagrees with you.

The restrictions being suggested right now wouldn't apply to the weapons used in competition (not because sports would be exempted, but because of the weapons used).
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#57vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 9:26:56 PM
shawnmck posted...

It AIN'T the Republicans, but are in fact the Democrats.
What a bunch of hypocrites.

I don't eyeball Democrats on this subject because it's like a lot of 'pet' objections Democrats have-- they talk a big game and then a few move on it and get slapped down.

Actually, I don't personally eyeball Republicans on this subject either. No one's gonna get anything done about games, any more than they did movies or music.

However, Republicans are willing to repeatedly ignore the business of governing to pursue unsupported extreme stances. (See congesses' recent record of no jobs bills v. 34 failed abortion bills. Most of America supports women's freedom on this subject). There's more crazy and stupid to appeal to among the elected Republicans right now, so if this viewpoint got a foothold (right now they're too busy defending their woefully untrained fantasy-prone constituents, I mean, unrestricted mags, to bother) it can actually get traction.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#58TheBlueStigPosted 1/30/2013 9:47:22 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Super Creatures posted...

The restrictions being suggested right now wouldn't apply to the weapons used in competition (not because sports would be exempted, but because of the weapons used).

That's 100% WRONG.

Look at Feinstein's proposal, more than 110+ weapons including pistols, shotguns, and rifles, and most of the long guns are competition weapons for action/tactical shooters or long distance shooters.

She wants everything on the platforms from H&K, Thompson, Israel Military Industries, Colt, SIG, Bushmaster (every AR platform weapon), and many others totally banned. No grandfathering in, she wants them ALL BANNED COMPLETELY.

And she's the hypocrite who has a concealed carry permit and publicly admits that she'll shoot anyone who tries to harm her, but refuses to grant that same ability to any "common civilian". According to California law, a civilian MUST be a victim of violent crime before any permit could be granted, but there's still no guarantee. A person needs to end up in the f***ing hospital in CommieFornia before they're legally allowed to defend themselves.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#59all_that_juicePosted 1/30/2013 10:10:32 PM
Everyone is screaming their faces off about how the politicians want to take my guns. Well I say who cares about that? Go ahead and take them! I don't care! They're not touching my video games though. If they try that there will be an insurrection of nerds everywhere! And I'll be on the front lines. We're not good at fighting with guns and what not, but I bet if we put our minds together we can take down their networks! Who's with me?
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#60TheBlueStigPosted 1/30/2013 10:17:58 PM
all_that_juice posted...
Everyone is screaming their faces off about how the politicians want to take my guns. Well I say who cares about that? Go ahead and take them! I don't care! They're not touching my video games though. If they try that there will be an insurrection of nerds everywhere! And I'll be on the front lines. We're not good at fighting with guns and what not, but I bet if we put our minds together we can take down their networks! Who's with me?

If the 2nd amendment falls, all the rest go with it like dominoes.
---
Ben Franklin