This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Senator Lamar Alexander - 'Video games [are] a bigger problem than guns'

#61vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 10:19:45 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

That's 100% WRONG.

Look at Feinstein's proposal.

Feinstein's proposal =/= restrictions Americans support.

Really, get off the company line and actually pay attention to the national conversation.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#62Maynard_LawaPosted 1/30/2013 10:35:12 PM
Democratic Senator John Davison Rockefeller Introduces Violent Games Research Bill in Wake of Newtown Shootings.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Democratic-Senator-Introduces-Violent-Games-Research-Bill-in-Wake-of-Newtown-Shootings-316604.shtml

Democratic senator Chris Murphy says massacre may not have happened if games did not glorify guns and violence.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ct-senator-says-games-influenced-sandy-hook-shooter-6402975

ITS THE REPUBLICANS!!!!!!!!1111
#63vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 10:37:54 PM
Maynard_Lawa posted...

I can only assume your read about 15% of the topic. Impressive. We're all familiar with the usual suspects. I appreciate being made aware of Alexander. You should be, too.
---
#64Maynard_LawaPosted 1/30/2013 10:43:40 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Maynard_Lawa posted...

I can only assume your read about 15% of the topic. Impressive. We're all familiar with the usual suspects. I appreciate being made aware of Alexander. You should be, too.

Your the first person in this topic to bring up party affiliation as if banning violent video games is elusive to the Republican party.
#65Super CreaturesPosted 1/30/2013 10:44:57 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
A person needs to end up in the f***ing hospital in CommieFornia before they're legally allowed to defend themselves.

Do they even treat people that are in the country legally?

I thought their policy was that only illegal immigrants got treatment in hospitals, and the legal citizens that pay taxes to support that are told to **** off.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#66vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 10:48:51 PM
Maynard_Lawa posted...

Your the first person in this topic to bring up party affiliation as if banning violent video games is elusive to the Republican party.

I was-- and if you read it, it had nothing to do about exclusivity. It wasn't a damning statement about his Party affiliation, if anything it was writing off the statement he made as something he has to do as part of his political survival. Video games can get trashed on the Hill in the public's eye, no one pays for it. Guns can't.
---
#67BJW1980Posted 1/30/2013 11:04:32 PM
Super Creatures posted...
BJW1980 posted...
The sole purpose of a gun is to kill effectively at a distance instantly.

Nope, sorry, the multi-million dollar shooting competition business, involving all ages, including people who don't shoot a gun for any other purpose, not to mention Olympic events, disagrees with you.

Sorry. Replace "sole" with "primary". A gun's primary purpose is to kill in the most violent way possible. And it does without end
#68vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 11:08:35 PM
BJW1980 posted...

Sorry. Replace "sole" with "primary". A gun's primary purpose is to kill in the most violent way possible. And it does without end

Eh... I dunno. Even a messy kill with a gun is relatively clean in the History of Violent Ways to Go.
---
#69TheBlueStigPosted 1/30/2013 11:54:23 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

That's 100% WRONG.

Look at Feinstein's proposal.

Feinstein's proposal =/= restrictions Americans support.

Really, get off the company line and actually pay attention to the national conversation.

Feinstein's bulls*** is just the Clinton Ban with more guns added to the list along with the caveat of a total ban on those guns and no grandfathering in.

She's not the only one proposing that kind of ban either, Trotter, Yee, Bloomberg, Biden, and more are all proposing the same things.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin