This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you still attempt to beat a game... Even if you aren't having fun?

#1TravarkothPosted 1/30/2013 1:23:55 PM
Usually, I will bear through it and try to beat it - at least once, before I'm done with it.
---
"Please stop being human. "
--- 343 Guilty Spark ---
#2FiyunPosted 1/30/2013 1:25:21 PM
Depends on how tedious it is, and how far is left.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
#3_LordAndSaviorPosted 1/30/2013 1:25:51 PM
Fiyun posted...

This.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#4pothocketPosted 1/30/2013 1:27:00 PM
When I was younger I did, but not so much anymore. There's simply too little time in the day to suffer through sub-par games. I'd rather re-play something I know is great.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5BLACK_HUNTEXPosted 1/30/2013 1:28:01 PM
I "tried" to beat Majin and the forsaken kingdom but i just couldn't. i put like 5-7 hours in and it was just a No for me.

but games like N+ where i died like 1000 times but i guess it plays so much faster so i don't mind the many deaths.
---
"The deadliest weapon in this game isn't a gun, or an explosive device, or any kind of hi-tech gadget.
It's a steady 4-bar connection".
#6SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/30/2013 1:32:58 PM
Fiyun posted...

THIs
#7pitt12177Posted 1/30/2013 1:34:22 PM
Went through the summer with the intentions of butchering my backlog. Got to the end and I was DRAGGING with Dark Sector.
#8JamanjaxPosted 1/30/2013 1:37:16 PM
Absolutely not.

Hell, I quit playing FFIX near the end of disc 3 because it had just become too tedious.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#9TheBlueStigPosted 1/30/2013 1:58:35 PM
I don't buy games that aren't fun in the first place.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#10JenniferTatePosted 1/30/2013 2:03:42 PM
I don't buy games that might not be fun in the first place.

Sure, back in the NES and early SNES days I would pick games blindly because they were new or had cool box art: there were definitely some bombs. But around the SNES days I started following the industry and when PSX and N64 hit I felt I was making informed purchasing decisions.

I know my tastes now, and I can honestly say I haven't played a game that ceased to be fun.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson