This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best news today, UBISoft Montreal making Spies v.s Mercs

#1jaymart_2kPosted 1/30/2013 1:33:12 PM
Just in case you don't remember, they developed Spies v.s Mercs in Chaos Theory.

You know that game every Splinter Cell fan puts high on the totem pole.
---
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k (Nintendo ID) JayMart
#2Dragon NexusPosted 1/30/2013 4:11:16 PM
Oh I see, this isn't the news that SvM is coming back, but that the team that made it good is developing it for the new game. I misunderstood at first.

I might actually try it out this time. I tend to prefer simple game mechanics for my multiplayer, though I have enjoyed AC's multi. SvM kinda turned me off since it seemed really complex and intricate.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#3VlayerPosted 1/30/2013 5:09:58 PM
Ubisoft Montreal are amazing developers and the main reason why Ubisoft is miles above EA and Activision.

SvM was great fun back in Chaos Theory. I just wished more people played it.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#4Carte360Posted 1/30/2013 5:10:37 PM
What exactly is this game mode?
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#5superbowl54Posted 1/30/2013 5:19:00 PM
Carte360 posted...

quite possibly the most fun and tense multiplayer game I've ever played.

Spies are played in third person, similar to single player. They use a stun gun and an assortment of gadgets to try and complete an objective (like planting a bomb, stealing files, etc). Spies are very acrobatic, can go through vents, hang from rails, etc.

Mercs are played like FPS, You use an actual gun this, grenades, etc you have a headlamp and can use an assortment of traps and do everything in your power to stop the spies from completing their objective.

It's the ultimate game of cat and mouse. I'm stoked for Spies vs Mercs coming back.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#6majinbuu58Posted 1/30/2013 5:24:32 PM
superbowl54 posted...
Carte360 posted...

quite possibly the most fun and tense multiplayer game I've ever played.

Spies are played in third person, similar to single player. They use a stun gun and an assortment of gadgets to try and complete an objective (like planting a bomb, stealing files, etc). Spies are very acrobatic, can go through vents, hang from rails, etc.

Mercs are played like FPS, You use an actual gun this, grenades, etc you have a headlamp and can use an assortment of traps and do everything in your power to stop the spies from completing their objective.

It's the ultimate game of cat and mouse. I'm stoked for Spies vs Mercs coming back.

In CT's prime, Spy vs Merc was just an exciting variant of team death match. lol
#7Samman123Posted 1/30/2013 6:49:26 PM
Spies vs. Mercs in Pandora tomorrow was the best multiplayer I've ever played
---
MMA fan for life.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 1/30/2013 7:38:57 PM
Ubisoft Montreal are amazing developers and the main reason why Ubisoft is miles above EA and Activision.

Eh, there are plenty of reasons why Ubisoft suck as much as EA and Activision.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9superbowl54Posted 1/30/2013 8:02:40 PM
Samman123 posted...
Spies vs. Mercs in Pandora tomorrow was the best multiplayer I've ever played

umm... no

Rambo spies were the problem with that game. If you went down as a merc, there was no coming back, because when you got back up a spy was waiting to jump on your head again.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Persona 4 Arena, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#10FlyBoyZombiPosted 1/30/2013 8:09:26 PM
Was not going to get this game but now its a day one buy