This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I am going to tackle the Halo games.

#11glassghost0Posted 1/30/2013 4:43:26 PM
You are supposed to watch/play things in the order they were released. I've never understood why people would do it any other way
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#12CapwnDPosted 1/30/2013 4:46:37 PM
You are supposed to watch/play things in the order they were released. I've never understood why people would do it any other way

Exactly, though I think that Reach and ODST are far enough removed that they could be played after 4... right? I'm not the best authority on Halo lore and story so maybe I'm missing something.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#13denniedarko(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:47:51 PM
CaPwnD posted...

Exactly, though I think that Reach and ODST are far enough removed that they could be played after 4... right? I'm not the best authority on Halo lore and story so maybe I'm missing something.

I was looking at Reach before Halo as I thought it ended right at the beginning of Halo.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Halo (series)
Last Played: Mass Effect (9/10), Mass Effect 2 (10/10), Mass Effect 3 (9/10)
#14JuhanorPosted 1/30/2013 4:52:03 PM
Reach's credit cutscene is Combat Evolved's opening cutscene. While the former kinda messes up some stuff story-wise, it only affects the book-established canon, so don't worry about that and enjoy the game (unless you plan on reading the books).
#15CapwnDPosted 1/30/2013 4:54:20 PM(edited)
I was looking at Reach before Halo as I thought it ended right at the beginning of Halo.

If that's really what you want to do, but I think that it would be more interesting to play the core Halo campaign first, then play Reach. I think it would make more sense that way and that Reach would be more interesting.

But again, I'm not the authority on Halo story... others would know much better than me.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh