This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon's dogma or Kingdom of almaur?

#1planetvash112Posted 1/30/2013 4:58:36 PM
Need opinons both are cheap $25 for dogma, almaur is $30 don't have xbl so can't buy the DLCs.
---
"She's so average, that if there was an average contest, she'd come like, somewhere in the middle or something."
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 5:00:36 PM
Easily Dragon's Dogma
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3denniedarkoPosted 1/30/2013 5:01:10 PM
I believe Dragon's Dogma is coming out with some dlc in a few months that includes the original game on disc for 40 bucks, (I think).

I'd get Reckoning.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Halo (series)
Last Played: Mass Effect (9/10), Mass Effect 2 (10/10), Mass Effect 3 (9/10)
#4Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 1/30/2013 5:01:49 PM
dragons dogma is a good game
KoA isnt...

not a hard choice
---
Colbert on HSBC: So they're like 007, licensed to kill our economy.
#5VlayerPosted 1/30/2013 5:02:08 PM
I'd wait on Dogma, they're releasing an "enhanced" edition of it on April called Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. It'll cost 40$.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 5:02:41 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Easily Dragon's Dogma

This, but I'd wait for the Dark Arisen edition. It's coming out at $40 with a ton of extra content.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7denniedarkoPosted 1/30/2013 5:02:59 PM
Vlayer posted...
I'd wait on Dogma, they're releasing an "enhanced" edition of it on April called Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. It'll cost 40$.

That was what I was thinking of.

And Reckoning is a great game.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Halo (series)
Last Played: Mass Effect (9/10), Mass Effect 2 (10/10), Mass Effect 3 (9/10)
#8IntranPosted 1/30/2013 5:41:36 PM
Honestly both could be called bland with a weak story and a world full of nothing.

If Fable and WoW are to your liking, I'd suggest KoA, but if....a japanese company trying to make a midevil fantasy game...is more your thing? Then the choice is obvious.
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw
#9SonyHoundDawgPosted 1/30/2013 5:58:52 PM(edited)
If you never played Dragons Dogma I would wait until April. They are releasing an enchanhed edition with all the DLC, plus an entire new area to explore. Some island off the coast of where you play now. DD is a great game overall though, I've enjoyed it a lot more then Skyrim. Good combat, the world is nice, its hard at first but you get powerful as you level up. Theres a lot happening in the game, lots of ways to fail quests and such. I also realy enjoy the pawn system and renting other peoples pawns and having your own go out with other folks. I really enjoy the altnernate multiplayer experiance DD and Dark Souls have provided lately. If you dont have online the game might actually be a bit harder cause with online you can potetinally rent pawns who have done the quest your on already, and they can offer hints and such. Same for killing big bad guys. The games story is nothing special, don't except a cutscene dialogue athon like dragon age or mass effect either, but the story works for teh game and teh world is fun to explore sine theres actually good combat, risk and reward. Plus at night the real mean beasties come out so especially earlier in the agme it can be fun trying to get back to down or a rest spot before night hits so you dont get killed.

Kingdom of Amular, to be honest I thought was crap. Might be one of my most disappointing games last year. If you ever played World of Warcraft, Amular is basically like a one player WOW with better combat. Your basically just dumped in a zone and theres eleventy million quests around to gather. The problem is none of at all are interesting. Also the game is super easy so not even the combat can keep you going. Some people also claim it has lots of random borderlands/diablo style loot, but I found this to completely false. Nearly everything that drops is total junk. Anyways as I said most disappointing game for me.

both games have demo's online so you might wanana. More then likely youll enjoy Amular at first, I did, but once you get some hours under your belt and just see how bland and boring the game world is, you wont be able to finish.

But DD is a good game, but I'd prolly wait. Also the enchanced edition is only $40 so you get the complete game, all the DLC, plus the new content. An amazing deal considering on XBL right now theres probably $30+ worth of DLC already.
#10shawnmckPosted 1/30/2013 6:46:27 PM
Dragon's Dogma...unless you like the kiddy graphics of games like Fable.