This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I love Gearbox but Aliens Colonial Marines looks like crap

#1velvet_hammerPosted 1/30/2013 5:13:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29mIwclowk

Think this is going to stain the GB name for a bit.. Still going to try it out, but looks very meh..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2JenniferTatePosted 1/30/2013 5:15:06 PM
I don't disagree with you. There's something about it that doesn't look right to me, like it looks like a really high definition Dreamcast era game straining the limits of the system.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#3velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:17:49 PM
Is Gearbox made up of different teams? I hope this is B team doing something on the side and the real GB team is gearing up for next gen..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#4DieMyBridePosted 1/30/2013 5:18:26 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29mIwclowk

Think this is going to stain the GB name for a bit.. Still going to try it out, but looks very meh..

I doubt it could be worse than putting out DNF.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#5denniedarkoPosted 1/30/2013 5:19:11 PM
While I think the voice over in that trailer was terrible, I think the game looks great and am really looking forward to it.
---
Now Playing: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Halo (series)
Last Played: Mass Effect (9/10), Mass Effect 2 (10/10), Mass Effect 3 (9/10)
#6JenniferTatePosted 1/30/2013 5:20:27 PM
I think it's just showing it's age. The game was first announced in winter of 2006, and was titled and unveiled in a Game Informer cover story back in 2008.

Then in 2010 Gearbox acknowledged it was still a project, and then in 2011 they set a spring 2012 date. Then it got knocked to fall, and here we are.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#7majinbuu58Posted 1/30/2013 5:21:30 PM
denniedarko posted...
While I think the voice over in that trailer was terrible, I think the game looks great and am really looking forward to it.
#8OaklandRaiderzPosted 1/30/2013 5:30:45 PM
didnt you people learn a lesson after duke nukem forever?
---
wat
#9JKSonicPosted 1/30/2013 5:31:45 PM
Is that the voiceover with the guy yelling at you? Supposedly that's not in the game nor is anything even close to it so wouldn't worry about that.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#10SunDevil77Posted 1/30/2013 5:33:30 PM
Don't judge a game by its graphics.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact