This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Female Voice Actress in the Video Game Industry

#21Killah PriestPosted 1/31/2013 9:07:44 AM
Laura Bailey
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#22MR_SorenPosted 1/31/2013 10:26:19 AM
I voted for Michelle Ruff because her name popped into my head before I even clicked on this topic.

I knew her from:
Etna in Disgaea
Velvet in Odin Sphere
Yukari in Persona 3
Katherine in Catherine

She's also in tons of other games and a bunch of anime.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#23Dragon NexusPosted 1/31/2013 10:42:51 AM
I voted Jennifer Hale, basically because that woman can do any damn thing.

Her schedule is nonstop.

And yet recently all she seems to do is Femshep.

Where's the Naomi from MGS or the Bastilla from KotOR?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#24HOTJaVaLaVa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:08:29 PM
BUMP
---
"The eyes are the groin of the head."
-Dwight Schrute, from the TV show The Office
#25NemerlightPosted 1/31/2013 1:33:28 PM
I voted Jennifer Hale since she's only one i know.
---
http://bitsandpieces.us/2011/03/25/a-well-written-police-report/
#26pothocketPosted 1/31/2013 1:39:41 PM
LOL ITT: vote for the one voice actress you've heard of.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#27DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 1/31/2013 1:52:45 PM
While I love her singing, I'm a bit confused by your inclusion of Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. She's a pretty good VA, but nowhere near as high profile as say, Hale, Bailey or Lee.

Having said that, her performance as Captain Dolce in Eternal Sonata is so over the top that it's hilarious.
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#28DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiCPosted 1/31/2013 2:24:05 PM
And since schmitty asked, here's a list, top 5 each

Jennifer Hale - Commander Shepard, Mass Effect; Bastila Shan, Knights of The Old Republic; Samus Aran, Metroid Prime series; Silver Sable, Spider-Man series; Naomi Hunter, Metal Gear Solid 4

Michelle Ruff - Katherine McBride, Catherine; Crimson Viper, Street Fighter; Rita Mordio, Tales of Vesperia; Sun Shang Xiang, Warriors Orochi series; Yukari Takeba, Persona 3

Tara Platt - Temari, Naruto series; Oichi, Warriors Orochi series; Zerlinda, DragonAge: Origins; Raine Sage, Tales of Symphonia; Setsuka, SoulCaliber series

Laura Bailey - Rayne, BloodRayne; Catherine, Catherine; Serah Farron, Final Fantasy XIII-2; Anko, Naruto series; Reimi Saionji, Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Wendee Lee - Sanji, Ninja Gaiden 3; Melissa Tiss, MagnaCarta II; Nan, Tales of Vesperia; Chihiro Fushimi, Persona 4; Da Qiao, Warriors Orochi series

Mary Elizabeth McGlynn - Uriel, Darksiders 2; Nora Estheim, Final Fantasy XIII; Nina Williams, Tekken series; Noriko Kashiwagi, Persona 4; Captain Dolce, Eternal Sonata

Karen Strassman - Nanako Doujima, Persona 4; Okuni, Warriors Orochi series; Aigis, Persona 3; Veronique, The Saboteur; Rouge the Bat, Sonic Generations

Stephanie Sheh - Hinata, Naruto series; Cereza, Bayonetta; Princess Serenade, Eternal Sonata; Da Ji, Warriors Orochi series; Canna, Ninja Gaiden 3

Kari Wahlgren - The Grid, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance; Mithra, Asura's Wrath; Vex, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim; Arcee, Transformers: War For Cybertron; Cochet, Resonance of Fate
---
"It's not about money, it's about sending a message. Everything burns."
#29LadyGagaMafiaPosted 1/31/2013 2:47:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30LadyGagaMafiaPosted 1/31/2013 2:56:54 PM(edited)
I chose Laura Bailey because of her work in Saints Row 3, Gears of War 3, and Binary Domain.