This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Regenerative health needs to go away.

#1AnarchyCampPosted 1/30/2013 9:27:14 PM
It's not realistic to recover from near death simply by resting behind a wall for 15 seconds. We need to bring back the food system from the late 80's/early 90's.

Small items, such as a dumpling, would offer a small amount of health recovery. Intermediate would be a hamburger or hot dog. Maximum health would be recovered from a whole roast chicken. The food items would be left on the ground at random parts of levels. Also, sometimes you will need to smash a wooden crate with a pipe to get to the chicken drumstick inside.

I think this system could be seamlessly integrated into most modern games.
What do you think?
---
#2Cloak973Posted 1/30/2013 9:29:40 PM
so it's realistic to be shot 13 times and have food/a medpack make you instantly 100% but not automatically regenerating? they are both extremely unrealistic, and picking up health was dumb.
---
XBL GT - The Snapple Cap
NY Giants 9-7/ Brooklyn Nets 26-18
#3Rolen47Posted 1/30/2013 9:30:21 PM
Stopped reading at "realistic"
#4Perfect LightPosted 1/30/2013 9:35:38 PM
No. Having to stop playing because I'm scouring the level for health packs is not fun and totally interrupts the flow of the game. Also, I fail to see how a ****ing hot dog is going to get rid of a bullet wound. That seems equally unrealistic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 9:36:23 PM
Perfect Light posted...
No. Having to stop playing because I'm scouring the level for health packs is not fun and totally interrupts the flow of the game.

This.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#6BeefEasterPosted 1/30/2013 9:37:58 PM
one time I broke my leg but it was no big deal because I found a taco
#7Super CreaturesPosted 1/30/2013 9:40:56 PM
I wish eating food to restore health lost from a GSW was realistic, my brother might still be alive today if it were.

Also, as much as people ***** and moan about wanting realism in video games, the second they get it the very same people ***** and moan that the game is now too realistic.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 9:45:23 PM
Super Creatures posted...

Also, as much as people ***** and moan about wanting realism in video games, the second they get it the very same people ***** and moan that the game is now too realistic.

Yeah. I'm always baffled by people who, say, want more 'immersion' in games like Skyrim, so they complain about map markers and fast travel. They can turn those things off or refuse to use them, but the inclusion is somehow offensive. You just can't win.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9LandfillAOPosted 1/30/2013 9:52:21 PM
I don't mind regenerative health in certain games but it does NOT belong in Fable 3 for example.

And to those who think health packs and food is the only answer to getting rid of regenrative health - play Far Cry 3. Even without health syringes you can heal yourself by pulling bullets out of yourself, wrapping up your wounds, popping your joints back into place etc. It's more realistic and solves the problem of looking for health kits all the time (which isn't a big deal to begin with).
#10Vivi0198Posted 1/30/2013 9:53:29 PM
I couldn't care less about the the realistic part I want regenerating health to go away because it gives you a reason to explore and usually offers a less linear game.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.