This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Regenerative health needs to go away.

#11Super CreaturesPosted 1/30/2013 10:54:45 PM
LandfillAO posted...
. Even without health syringes you can heal yourself by pulling bullets out of yourself ... It's more realistic

Ya, because that totally wouldn't **** you up more or anything.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 10:56:10 PM
LandfillAO posted...
I don't mind regenerative health in certain games but it does NOT belong in Fable 3 for example.

And to those who think health packs and food is the only answer to getting rid of regenrative health - play Far Cry 3. Even without health syringes you can heal yourself by pulling bullets out of yourself, wrapping up your wounds, popping your joints back into place etc. It's more realistic and solves the problem of looking for health kits all the time (which isn't a big deal to begin with).

Agreed-- but FC3's solution is basically just interactive regenerative health. In another game, I'd just wait. In FC3 I have to press a button to perform an act. Still more or less the same thing, except it won't happen until I break to do it. Still, even if it's not revolutionary, it's cool.

And Fable 3-- I don't know, it didn't make a difference, so I didn't care. Heath regen was slow, and combat was so easy I don't know if I ever used anything more than carrots or celery to heal. Never bothered with potions.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#13LandfillAOPosted 1/30/2013 11:07:31 PM
Super Creatures posted...
LandfillAO posted...
. Even without health syringes you can heal yourself by pulling bullets out of yourself ... It's more realistic

Ya, because that totally wouldn't **** you up more or anything.

Removing bullets and wrapping the wound would f*** it up more? You should totally let hospitals know they have been mistreating bullet wounds for decades, doctor. Of course, running around with a bullet in your leg as it seeps deeper and deeper into your leg with every step is totally a better answer than removing and wrapping it.

vigorm0rtis posted...
Agreed-- but FC3's solution is basically just interactive regenerative health. In another game, I'd just wait. In FC3 I have to press a button to perform an act. Still more or less the same thing, except it won't happen until I break to do it. Still, even if it's not revolutionary, it's cool.

Well you can't go to the hospital every time you get shot in a game. I mean, I get what you're saying but FC3 so far is the best solution as of right now to no regen health and no health packs. There is the best of both worlds here - manual healing without looking for health packs and it comes at a cost because healing without health in FC3 takes much longer and is much more risky. I think it's the best answer we have in gaming.
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 11:11:07 PM
LandfillAO posted...

. I think it's the best answer we have in gaming.

Yeah, I think so, too. It's hard to see it working as well from anything but first person, though. Eh... maybe. I'm trying to see a Gear patching himself up behind cover... yeah, that'd work, too.
---
#15Super CreaturesPosted 1/30/2013 11:12:38 PM
LandfillAO posted...
Removing bullets and wrapping the wound would f*** it up more?

For someone with no medical training?

Yes.

The average person is going to tear up the wound much more trying to remove a bullet from their own wound, especially when you factor in the pain and adrenaline affecting your ability to do it.

Also, you are introducing more of a chance of severe infection just digging a bullet out, because I doubt you are sterilizing the instruments used to do it first.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#16BeefEasterPosted 1/30/2013 11:16:36 PM
people take things way too seriously on this website
#17vigorm0rtisPosted 1/30/2013 11:16:39 PM
LandfillAO posted...

Yes.

The average person is going to tear up the wound much more trying to remove a bullet from their own wound, especially when you factor in the pain and adrenaline affecting your ability to do it.

Also, you are introducing more of a chance of severe infection just digging a bullet out, because I doubt you are sterilizing the instruments used to do it first.

Tattoos make you a jungle-dwelling superhuman slayer of men... and this point of realism is bothering you?
---
#18LandfillAOPosted 1/31/2013 12:05:02 AM(edited)
LandfillAO posted...

Yes.

And we're going to leave out the fact that bullets themselves can cause infections? Also that if the bullet is left in there it can sink deeper in, leading to the possibility of lacerating arteries and tendons, causing much more serious injury? You can't have it one way. If you want to get down to the logistics then look at the whole picture.

I mean, it's okay to think it isn't 100% realistic because it isn't, but let's not act like it's 100% unrealistic, either. And the key word in my statement was "more". More realistic. As in more realistic than eating a health pack or a food ration or a damned stick of celery and being 100% free of everything from physical damage to microscopic flu germs in an instant. Why you would even turn that into a debate I'll never know.
#19AnarchyCamp(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:26:52 PM
BeefEaster posted...

I am honestly amazed with some responses..
---
#20GGearXPosted 1/30/2013 11:29:31 PM
AnarchyCamp posted...
BeefEaster posted...

I am honestly amazed with some responses..

That's what happens when you're an adult.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........