This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Regenerative health needs to go away.

#71Carte360Posted 1/31/2013 4:03:26 PM
LandfillAO posted...
Carte360 posted...
And that would be a valid argument if we weren't talking about far cry 3 where the dude is your average joe.

BOOM

How is the dude in FC3 an average joe when he becomes a black ops level trained killer over night by the sheer magic of a bunch of tribal tattoos? You may want to prioritize your realism a bit if the health system is your biggest concern.

Also, we weren't talking specifically about Far Cry 3, we were talking about an alternative health system to health packs and regenerative health that could work in games.

Boom, I guess?

No, we we're talking about far cry 3, go back and try reading.

What other game do you pull bullets out, huh? Yep.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#72LandfillAOPosted 1/31/2013 4:10:28 PM
Carte360 posted...

I'm the one who brought FC3 up. And I brought it up as a happy medium of regen health and looking for health packs that could work in games. So no, we weren't.

And you're telling me that it's more likely that the average person can become a black ops level trained killer over night by the sheer power of a bunch of tattoos than it is that they could heal a wound? lol.

I think we're done here.
#73Carte360Posted 1/31/2013 4:13:28 PM
LandfillAO posted...
Carte360 posted...

I'm the one who brought FC3 up. And I brought it up as a happy medium of regen health and looking for health packs that could work in games. So no, we weren't.

And you're telling me that it's more likely that the average person can become a black ops level trained killer over night by the sheer power of a bunch of tattoos than it is that they could heal a wound? lol.

I think we're done here.

I'm saying you don't know how to read.

Also, it is more effective to stop in the middle of battle and pull bullets out of yourself?

Also also, if you do pull a bullet out you aren't going to be running right back into battle. Your idea sucks, admit it, you know nothing of bullet wounds.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#74LandfillAOPosted 1/31/2013 4:33:33 PM
Carte360 posted...
I'm saying you don't know how to read.

Also, it is more effective to stop in the middle of battle and pull bullets out of yourself?

Also also, if you do pull a bullet out you aren't going to be running right back into battle. Your idea sucks, admit it, you know nothing of bullet wounds.

You saying I don't know how to read is hilariously ironic when you're the one who needs to go back and read what I, myself, typed and how the discussion was even brought up.

Also, you're saying that healing automatically is better than actually performing fist aid on yourself?Okay, doctor. And I'm the one who doesn't know anything about bullet wounds. lol.

Is it more effective to stop in battle and pull bullets out of yourself than having a magical healing ham or regenerating health? No. But it is more realistic.

And even if we were talking about FC3, you're saying that an overnight rich kid turned rambo is more realistic than performing first aid on your wounds. I mean, I really don't think this discussion needs to go any further.
#75Carte360Posted 1/31/2013 4:35:18 PM
Please show me 1 instance of me saying any of those things were more realistic. You can't.

You just assume because of your lack of reading.
---
#76blackhrtPosted 1/31/2013 4:41:52 PM
I'll give TC some karma. Only if he/she can beat me in Tetris.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#77TheBlueStigPosted 1/31/2013 4:45:24 PM
KtuluheroII posted...
Regenerating health needs to go away because it makes games too damn easy. It turns every game into "oh I'm getting shot up, just need to hide in cover for a few seconds and I'm good to go." With health packs it forces you to play more strategically.

This x1000.

The reason kiddies are whining to keep regenerating health is because they play like bulls in a china shop.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#78Rome218Posted 1/31/2013 4:47:28 PM
Perfect Light posted...
No. Having to stop playing because I'm scouring the level for health packs is not fun and totally interrupts the flow of the game. Also, I fail to see how a ****ing hot dog is going to get rid of a bullet wound. That seems equally unrealistic.

Man, I had to stop reading this thread after this. You nailed it.

Going around getting pick ups is just an annoying distraction.

Also TC, games aren't realistic. That's why they're games. Have you played Max Payne 3? I used to work in Pharmacy, I assure you there is no pill in the world that can cure 5 bullet holes in your chest and let you walk it off.

Or in the case of Max Payne, shrug it off and kill a bunch of Italians and Brazilians.
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#79aj4x94Posted 1/31/2013 4:47:52 PM
I've always liked the segmented health system that games like RE6, Mass Effect 3, Resistance, and Condemned 2 use. You know, 4-5 bars that regenerate within each other as long as you don't take damage. Even better if you carry health packs on yourself.
---
Currently playing: COD: BOII, Hitman Absolution, Infamous Collection.
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#80Carte360Posted 1/31/2013 4:49:07 PM
I like how 90% of this topic is filled with people who deserve a 'woooooooooooosh'.
---