This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Regenerative health needs to go away.

#81vigorm0rtisPosted 1/31/2013 4:50:39 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
KtuluheroII posted...
Regenerating health needs to go away because it makes games too damn easy. It turns every game into "oh I'm getting shot up, just need to hide in cover for a few seconds and I'm good to go." With health packs it forces you to play more strategically.

This x1000.

The reason kiddies are whining to keep regenerating health is because they play like bulls in a china shop.

I dunno, I mentioned this earlier, but I find games with instant health refill from health packs easier. Might be because I played those games for years, but... I don't know. Regenerating heath is not harder, exactly, but instant health recoup is cake. Just have to plan ahead a little.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#82TheBlueStigPosted 1/31/2013 4:57:34 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
KtuluheroII posted...
Regenerating health needs to go away because it makes games too damn easy. It turns every game into "oh I'm getting shot up, just need to hide in cover for a few seconds and I'm good to go." With health packs it forces you to play more strategically.

This x1000.

The reason kiddies are whining to keep regenerating health is because they play like bulls in a china shop.

I dunno, I mentioned this earlier, but I find games with instant health refill from health packs easier. Might be because I played those games for years, but... I don't know. Regenerating heath is not harder, exactly, but instant health recoup is cake. Just have to plan ahead a little.

I hate to use Halo 1, but it's a perfect example.

Play through Halo 1 on normal, then go straight to Legendary. You'll find fewer health packs on Legendary which forces you to change the way you're playing, be more strategic, go slower, attempt to weed off one or two enemies at a time instead of charging in guns blazing and get your head blown off.

Now play any of the other games with no health packs but with regenerating health on normal, then go straight to the hardest difficulty. Your gameplay style won't change, you'll just be hiding and regenerating more.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#83Ramner84Posted 1/31/2013 5:00:32 PM
what i hope gta does is if you get shot and are not killed you lay there bleeding out till the paramedics get there then you stay in a hospital till your better. lets say you are now paralyzed from the waist down. you finish the game in a wheelchair let's say you get shot in the head and your dead well simple the game is over now you could just restart it but that's not real life so if your dead in the game you can never play it again I think that's the only way adding realism would work just my 2 cents,
#84LandfillAOPosted 1/31/2013 5:03:29 PM
Carte360 posted...
Please show me 1 instance of me saying any of those things were more realistic. You can't.

You just assume because of your lack of reading.

Carte360 posted...
Yeah, because the average person can stay calm as they dive into their flesh, tearing muscle apart as blood gushes from their body.

Carte360 posted...
far cry 3 where the dude is your average joe.

To you this overnight Rambo is an average Joe despite having magical tattoos that make him a trained killer in the blink of an eye. And the thing you're pointing out as unrealistic is his healing? You either need to restructure your whole argument and drop the whole "healing in FC3 is unrealistic because he's an average Joe" thing, which essentially would make your argument pointless, or you need to prioritize your focus on realism. Either way, your argument is lost forever.

Anyhow, this is getting tiresome. You don't even know what you're saying anymore, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing with no real direction as to what you're arguing and claiming that a person on an entirely text discussion board cannot read. It'd be one thing if you insulted my reading comprehension, but you can't even do that right. Your argument is all over the place and your insults are irrelevant to anything. I have officially lost interest.
#85vigorm0rtisPosted 1/31/2013 5:08:51 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

I hate to use Halo 1, but it's a perfect example.

Play through Halo 1 on normal, then go straight to Legendary. You'll find fewer health packs on Legendary which forces you to change the way you're playing

Yeah.. it also slows down play a lot... I don't know. If I had to pick a 'favorite' heath system, it'd be either ME3 or Far Cry 3, which are both a synthesis of old and new, but in both those cases I could carry way too many health packs.

As it is, I'm not really worried about playing ass-breakingly hard games anymore. Did it for a long time.
---
#86Carte360Posted 1/31/2013 5:15:26 PM
LandfillAO posted...
Carte360 posted...
Please show me 1 instance of me saying any of those things were more realistic. You can't.

You just assume because of your lack of reading.

Carte360 posted...
Yeah, because the average person can stay calm as they dive into their flesh, tearing muscle apart as blood gushes from their body.

Carte360 posted...
far cry 3 where the dude is your average joe.

To you this overnight Rambo is an average Joe despite having magical tattoos that make him a trained killer in the blink of an eye. And the thing you're pointing out as unrealistic is his healing? You either need to restructure your whole argument and drop the whole "healing in FC3 is unrealistic because he's an average Joe" thing, which essentially would make your argument pointless, or you need to prioritize your focus on realism. Either way, your argument is lost forever.

Anyhow, this is getting tiresome. You don't even know what you're saying anymore, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing with no real direction as to what you're arguing and claiming that a person on an entirely text discussion board cannot read. It'd be one thing if you insulted my reading comprehension, but you can't even do that right. Your argument is all over the place and your insults are irrelevant to anything. I have officially lost interest.

Wow, you must be trolling. No one is this dense.

Re-read my post asking you to find an instance of me saying something was more realistic than pulling bullets out. You can't.

English isn't your first language is it?
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#87Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 1/31/2013 5:24:27 PM
I think they should do the whole Shield / Health thing where you have armor or a shield that recharges but if you are hit while your shield is down then you lose health which can only be restored through med packs

You people that actually refuse to let go of regenerative health are why America is filled with lame ass wusses
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#88vigorm0rtisPosted 1/31/2013 5:26:51 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...

You people that actually refuse to let go of regenerative health are why America is filled with lame ass wusses

Seriously? Seriously?
---
#89Carte360Posted 1/31/2013 5:33:21 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...

Seriously? Seriously?

He's a known troll, just ignore him.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#90TrugamerPosted 1/31/2013 5:40:47 PM
I can understand it for Halo and future tech games but it really bugs me in military games.
It just seems like a streamlining cop out to me in most games especially modern military shooters.
I really miss the days of Ghost Recon , Rainbow 6