This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why cant microsoft upgrade the 360 ram?

#11TheBlueStigPosted 1/30/2013 11:57:04 PM
As soon as you make a game that required more ram, it wouldn't be playable without it or it would run like ass without it, just like the RAM expansion pack in the N64.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12CapwnDPosted 1/30/2013 11:57:25 PM
Samman123 posted...
Rolen47 posted...
The purpose of consoles is to limit the hardware and force developers to make games based on hardware that never changes. If you want to upgrade your hardware, that's PC gaming.

The 360 only came out 4 years after Xbox 1, so not true...

Quite true.

The Xbox and Playstation 2 were set pieces of hardware. Developers had to work with what they had; unlike PC there were no variables or performance issues and settings to be accounted for, no RAM to upgrade or GPUs to select from for various performance gains.

When the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 released, they were entirely new systems with new hardware and features.

You upgrade a computer piece by piece if you so choose, and there's an array of set up options that may or may not perform well for software or other needs.

With a console, it's pre-fabricated and you're stuck with what's in it until the next pre-fab system comes out.

I... but...

I still don't understand what Samman123 meant. What does the Xbox coming out 4 years later have to do with anything? The generation was short for the first xbox because it had a late start and it had the production problems with the graphics card. I don't understand what the 360 coming out 4 years later means in the context of this topic.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#13JenniferTatePosted 1/31/2013 12:00:23 AM
CaPwnD posted...

I... but...

I still don't understand what Samman123 meant. What does the Xbox coming out 4 years later have to do with anything? The generation was short for the first xbox because it had a late start and it had the production problems with the graphics card. I don't understand what the 360 coming out 4 years later means in the context of this topic.

I was right there with you, but then I tapped my super power of translating intent that I acquired from years of retail, nursing, and now freelance design. :)

I can see what he was trying to counter with, but he was talking Tekken and we were talking Street Fighter...or something.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#14CapwnDPosted 1/31/2013 12:09:27 AM
retail, nursing, and now freelance design

That is quite the trifecta! Tolerance, compassion, and inspiration! Or maybe complacency, enabler, and... I've got nothing for freelance design!
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#15JenniferTatePosted 1/31/2013 12:16:08 AM
Yes...tolerance and compassion...note those are former career paths. Much happier working on my comics and freelancing for marketing departments.

Don't worry about having nothing for freelance design, neither does my accounting record. /rimshot
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson