This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does EVERY single game have multiplayer these days?

#21SheepinatorPosted 1/31/2013 7:06:56 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Because gamers here don't spend $60 on games unless it has 100+ hours of play time, which means it has MP or it's a Bethesda RPG. Then the SP focused games don't make money. Then they don't make sequels or more SP focused games because it's bad business. Then gamers here whine. It's the cycle of whine.

Not true. Xcom: Enemy Unknown is a great example of this. It's a game that lasts no longer than 8 hours (that's being generous) but it was probably one of the few games I have bought in a long time that was worth the 60$ to me. It had multiplayer, but to be honest, the multiplayer is its worst aspect. People that bought Xcom definitely did not buy it for the multiplayer in the very least.

VGChartz guesses I know, but fwiw they estimate XCOM's global sell through all platforms at 900K, some of which was people like myself buying it for half price at Black Friday. The biggest games sell 10 or 20 times that.

Anyone on the fence about ME3 MP should try it. It's great fun and you don't need to spend a cent.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#22ILikesCheesePosted 1/31/2013 7:09:38 AM
Samman123 posted...
I honestly stopped caring about multiplayer after last gen but this is ridiculous.

Some people like to player with others.

Some people like to play with themselves.

I guess we know which side of the fence the TC stands on.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#23homestylesPosted 1/31/2013 7:19:02 AM(edited)
They can shoehorn all the multiplayer modes into a game they want, as long as it doesn't impact my single-player experience in any way. Usually that's the case, so what's the problem? Why not make as many people happy as you can with your product?
#24MR_SorenPosted 1/31/2013 11:36:32 AM
Samman123 posted...
I honestly stopped caring about multiplayer after last gen but this is ridiculous.

First, your claim is false.

Second, it turns out that a lot of people enjoy playing games with their friends.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello