This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Dogma or Warhammer?

#1pothocketPosted 1/31/2013 7:32:33 AM
I was planning on getting the Warhammer 40,000 action game because I've heard decent things and I am slightly familiar with the universe already. But then I was looking through a topic below about DD vs KoA and that reminded me of how much fun I had in the DD demo and I never got around to playing that game.

So now I don't know which game to pick up on my lunch. Anyone that has played both games, which one did you have more fun with? Which one works better as far as action gameplay?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2DieMyBridePosted 1/31/2013 7:37:42 AM(edited)
Dragon's Dogma
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#3bob15xPosted 1/31/2013 7:37:32 AM
Don't get Dragons Dogma yet, it would be a waste of money. they re-releasing it with fixes and extra content for cheaper than what you can buy it for now.

This will happen in April.
#4pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:50:35 AM
Time is money. If DD is the better game of the two I'd rather play it now than 3 months from now
---
#5bob15xPosted 1/31/2013 8:01:33 AM
pothocket posted...
Time is money. If DD is the better game of the two I'd rather play it now than 3 months from now

Ok, but you are going to pay more for the game. Not only that, if you want the new DLC, you can't download it, you will be forced to buy the full game again.

Just know that.
#6pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:21:42 AM
Wait, why wouldn't they put DLC in the marketplace? That makes no sense.
---
#7Killah PriestPosted 1/31/2013 9:22:21 AM
Dragon's Dogma is incredible
Warhammer was pretty sweet too but nothing on the level of DD
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8foodeater4Posted 1/31/2013 9:48:02 AM(edited)
I would buy Warhammer now.

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine is a great TPS. The story is good, it keeps you going, especially if your already a fan or somewhat familiar with the universe. Im not sure if the multiplayer is still active, but it was quite well done actually and I sank a lot of time into it.

Dragons Dogma also is a great game, but to be honest, if you buy it now, its just a rip off. Dark Arisen version is just such a better pacakge. Also Dark Arisen is not DLC, is more of an expansion pack/game of the year edition all in one.

It contains the entire original game, all the DLC (and theres a crap ton of it, this is capcom after all), plus an entire expansion area not in the original game. Supposedly a lot of tech fixes too, better menus, etc. I'm kinda suprised at the menus, I thought they were excellent now.

Plus DD is actually kind of pricey still, its $50 new many places, $30ish used, Dark Arisen version is only $40, $30 if you jsut buy digital.

#9pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:47:45 AM
Thanks for clearly up what the newer version contains. That does sound awesome for first time players
---
#10DieMyBridePosted 1/31/2013 9:50:25 AM
pothocket posted...
Wait, why wouldn't they put DLC in the marketplace? That makes no sense.

According to Capcom it's too big. Which I find is BS because the game is 7+gb on its own for 360, which as i recall the highest the discs go for 360 anyway. This is Capcom at their finest when it comes to marketing.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife