This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTAV delayed to Sep 17

#21KtuluheroIIPosted 1/31/2013 7:38:49 AM
JKSonic posted...
So basically it's not "delayed" they just gave it an official release date... as I thought.

It is delayed. They announced Spring. September isn't Spring.

Well now that really depends on where in the world you live.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#22L0ZPosted 1/31/2013 7:39:45 AM
lol i was on the ps3 board and some guy said they may as well delay it further so it can be a launch title for the new xbox this november. Is a new xbox really releasing THIS novemember?
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#23pothocketPosted 1/31/2013 7:42:15 AM(edited)
This move is for one thing only. To get away from the back end of one crowded release window and move to the front end of another. That's the only reason.

Rockstar knows that casuals are NOT going to have a lot of spare money for games with everything about to come out. So R* said "EFF IT" and placed themselves right at the very start of the holiday release window.

Don'y kid yourself into thinking there's any other reason for the delay other than R* <3 casuals
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#24Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:42:44 AM
pothocket posted...
This move is for one thing only. To get away from the back end of one crowded release window and move to the front end of another. That's the only reason.

Dude, other games move out of GTA's way. It isn't the other way around. These other early year releases will sell a fraction of what GTA would, and I bet they'd rather sell to hard core gamers now than when those same gamers are holding off current gen purchases to upgrade their hardware.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#25Perfect LightPosted 1/31/2013 7:45:25 AM
KtuluheroII posted...
JKSonic posted...
So basically it's not "delayed" they just gave it an official release date... as I thought.

It is delayed. They announced Spring. September isn't Spring.

Well now that really depends on where in the world you live.

The game was made in Scotland, we don't have a Spring. It's just slightly less cold.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#26JKSonicPosted 1/31/2013 7:51:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#27SoF-RamboPosted 1/31/2013 7:50:36 AM
Sheepinator posted...
SoF-Rambo posted...
Sources or gtfo.

Because my track record here of making up stuff like that is, oh, zero. It's trivial to find on their own website and on basically any site that tracks financial news. It's probably on Kotaku and other gaming sites by now too.

Yeah, but I don't like how you like to bring the NYSE to GameFaqs in most of your posts, so lol.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#28Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:55:55 AM
SoF-Rambo posted...
Yeah, but I don't like how you like to bring the NYSE to GameFaqs in most of your posts, so lol.

I like others to post sources too, and I probably should have done that, but that's no reason not to give a more polite response to the first post. Anyway, past history, moving on.

The NYSE as you put it is the reason behind most publishers decisions which result in so many topics here :-)
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#29Vivi0198Posted 1/31/2013 8:00:02 AM
F***! This sucks.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#30richboy900Posted 1/31/2013 8:02:37 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
Imagine if they pushed it back to make it the launch title of the next Xbox...?

It's likely, rockstar was one of the companies to have early access to the durango dev kits. I'd be suprised if gta v isn't released on the next xbox. But it would suck if it was a port from the 360 to the new console