This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTAV delayed to Sep 17

#31SoF-RamboPosted 1/31/2013 9:03:28 AM
Sheepinator posted...
SoF-Rambo posted...
Yeah, but I don't like how you like to bring the NYSE to GameFaqs in most of your posts, so lol.

I like others to post sources too, and I probably should have done that, but that's no reason not to give a more polite response to the first post. Anyway, past history, moving on.

The NYSE as you put it is the reason behind most publishers decisions which result in so many topics here :-)

At least I'm honest about it (:
And yeah, I should've worded that a little more politely. Sorry about that.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#32RisingWaterPosted 1/31/2013 9:04:06 AM
:(

I blame next gen.
#33JKSonicPosted 1/31/2013 9:06:03 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
Imagine if they pushed it back to make it the launch title of the next Xbox...?

It's likely, rockstar was one of the companies to have early access to the durango dev kits. I'd be suprised if gta v isn't released on the next xbox. But it would suck if it was a port from the 360 to the new console

IMO at this point they should either just push it back to the new console completely or at least be porting it. It would suck if it was like a lot of early 360 titles (Gun, for example) and was a directly port but maybe they could do something more. It just feels, I don't know...wrong...to have such a big release mere months before a new console.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#34GingaritoPosted 1/31/2013 9:11:35 AM
To be fair rockstar is one of the few games companies I beleive want you to enjoy there game (as well as making money) by making polished and complete games. So while it is a while away i will trust them when they say it will be worth it
---
MUFC We are English football. Currently playing - Far Cry 3 , WWE 13 , Blops 2
Good kid , M.A.A.D City
#35-NinjaWarrior-Posted 1/31/2013 9:12:23 AM(edited)
no complaints

Halo4, MGR, DMC, Bioshock will keep me busy until then

edit: also GTA4 as well
---
I tried to change my password to "my dick".
GameFAQs said it was too long.
#36kpearwutPosted 1/31/2013 9:19:09 AM
rockstar is dumb as hell to do that, especially for developing gtaV on ancient hardware when new consoles will be out. hopefully it turns out to be vaporware.
#37BingSanpaoPosted 1/31/2013 9:20:45 AM
Makes more sense for Take Two than having GTA & Bioshock released within a month of each other.
#38DrFeelgood1984Posted 1/31/2013 9:29:51 AM
I used to read news like this and get angry/impatient, but I love Rockstar for doing this. It simply means that, despite their best effort, the game isn't going to be FINISHED as soon as they hoped. They might be the only developer left that finishes their product, and demands that it be of the best quality before it's available to the public. Anything published by Activision, EA, or Bethesda would have been shipped to stores on time in an embarrassingly un-playable state and require months of software updates.
#39VlayerPosted 1/31/2013 9:36:52 AM
Makes sense.

Even when they did that article for GI back in November, it seemed like they still had a long way to go.

I'm patient, I got no problem waiting.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#40Dragon NexusPosted 1/31/2013 9:53:57 AM
rockstar is dumb as hell to do that, especially for developing gtaV on ancient hardware when new consoles will be out. hopefully it turns out to be vaporware.

So rather then delay it by four months you think it would be more intelligent to delay it for 18 months or just to dump all of the work made thus far into the bin.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln