This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTAV delayed to Sep 17

#41pakathecatPosted 1/31/2013 9:57:41 AM
Drat. :-( Well, more time to work on the backlog, I guess.
#42seankimberley42Posted 1/31/2013 10:00:56 AM
Gingarito posted...
To be fair rockstar is one of the few games companies I beleive want you to enjoy there game (as well as making money) by making polished and complete games. So while it is a while away i will trust them when they say it will be worth it

This. They're one of the few companies that can delay a game and not make me nervous. Other than GTA 4, which I personally didn't like very much, they've proven that delays aren't a sign of major flaws.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#4324Flatspot24Posted 1/31/2013 10:01:46 AM
So does this news essentially guarantee backwards compatibility?
#44TBONE_OGPosted 1/31/2013 10:03:12 AM
Happy with the delay. Also, if even a new xbox comes out... there will be a port.
---
Always O.G.
#45LonnyJohnsonPosted 1/31/2013 10:20:57 AM
The delay probably has nothing to do with the game not being finished or near finished. I am pretty sure they are pretty much done with most of it, and will spend the rest of the months bug testing and fixing things. I think the delay has more to do with the new consoles coming out towards the end of the year. I don't think they're gonna simply just 'port' it as others are assuming, but they're probably having to back through and make sure it will be backwards compatible for the new systems (if they allow it that is) all is just speculation. That's all anyone can do, stop making assumptions.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#46SyphonFilterAddictPosted 1/31/2013 10:56:31 AM
Way too close to the release of the new Xbox. Shame shame Rockstar.
---
The April 2011 PSN Break-In is proof that fanboys will forgive anything.
#47Sheepinator(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 11:05:50 AM
LonnyJohnson posted...
The delay probably has nothing to do with the game not being finished or near finished. I am pretty sure they are pretty much done with most of it, and will spend the rest of the months bug testing and fixing things. I think the delay has more to do with the new consoles coming out towards the end of the year.

If you can find a list of all of Take Two's releases this cycle on 360/PS3, that is almost the exact same list of all of Take Two's 360/PS3 delayed games. Excluding sports like NBA2K.

MCLA, delayed. RDR, delayed. LA Noire, delayed several times. Max 3, delayed several times. GTAIV, delayed. GTAV, delayed. Bioshock 2, delayed. XCOM (2K Marin), delayed. Bioshock Infinite, delayed twice. Etc. Seems presumptious to think this delay is different to all of those.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#48robert_rangersuPosted 1/31/2013 11:16:33 AM
SyphonFilterAddict posted...
Way too close to the release of the new Xbox. Shame shame Rockstar.

10 bucks says the next xbox isn't out this year.
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#49RedWarlordPosted 1/31/2013 11:47:15 AM
Aww, this topic depressed me. I was looking forward to playing GTAV over the spring/summer.

Guess i'll have to go outside and have "real" fun...running over real hookers in my real car :-/
#50vigorm0rtisPosted 1/31/2013 11:48:50 AM
RedWarlord posted...
Aww, this topic depressed me. I was looking forward to playing GTAV over the spring/summer.

Guess i'll have to go outside and have "real" fun...running over real hookers in my real car :-/

There's a natural law of gaming that prevents an awesome new title to keep you busy during summer months.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF