This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTAV delayed to Sep 17

#51Ginsu VictimPosted 1/31/2013 11:49:18 AM
I'm happy with this news. This puts it coming out around my birthday, meaning I'll definitely be able to get it day one.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#52sinisterorionPosted 1/31/2013 11:53:38 AM
I'm fine with it as long is it's released with minimal to no bugs. It's better then them releasing it early knowing its still full of bugs and other problems.
#53Infinite 2003Posted 1/31/2013 11:56:33 AM
This really sucks. They'd better not be holding it back for next gen, I'm not rushing out to buy a new console for GTA.
---
Go Habs Go!
#54BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 1/31/2013 12:01:11 PM
It hurts....
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#55Drophyd167bPosted 1/31/2013 12:06:17 PM
Giving that I was planning to delay getting GTA V until after my May/June exams anyway, this won't affect me that much.

Also, I'm going to take this as a sign that we won't be seeing a new Xbox/PlayStation this year. I seriously doubt Rockstar would be releasing a current gen title that close to the release of new systems.
---
"If there are two kinds of people I abhor most in life, it's egotists and hypocrites!" - Drophyd167b
#56NightDrifter05Posted 1/31/2013 12:43:34 PM
People will whine about the game being delayed but if the game didn't get the delay they would whine about how they rushed it out and it's not as good as it could be. This is why gaming is slowly turning into bug filled nightmares. Developers get bad feedback for delaying games so they think "lets rush it out to market and fix it later" only to get even more negative feedback.
#57Just_The_TipPosted 1/31/2013 12:52:38 PM
It is what it is. I respect R* wanting to put out a quality product. No way they are going to half-ass their signature series.

With the only new game I'll have to buy being Bioshock: Infinite, I'll have plenty of time to tear through the backlog.
---
Bernard, don't be a tuna head
#58ILikesCheesePosted 1/31/2013 1:00:08 PM
JKSonic posted...
So basically it's not "delayed" they just gave it an official release date... as I thought.

The OFFICIAL release window given in Fall of 2012 was SPRING 2013.

A release window is just as OFFICIAL as an exact date.

September 17th is NOT during Spring anywhere on the planet. (Yes, even Australia.) So yes, the game was delayed - Rockstar's own press release even mentioned this "four month delay".

Please, I hope you can follow along with the rest of the class now.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#59LonnyJohnsonPosted 1/31/2013 1:03:00 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
JKSonic posted...
So basically it's not "delayed" they just gave it an official release date... as I thought.

The OFFICIAL release window given in Fall of 2012 was SPRING 2013.

A release window is just as OFFICIAL as an exact date.

September 17th is NOT during Spring anywhere on the planet. (Yes, even Australia.) So yes, the game was delayed - Rockstar's own press release even mentioned this "four month delay".

Please, I hope you can follow along with the rest of the class now.

It's a little farther away now but thats okay. It'll be out before we know it. Just keep living your lives.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#60Madness2012Posted 1/31/2013 1:41:33 PM
How could something be delayed when there never was a confirmed release date
for it??