This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've been debating whether or not to pick up Alpha Protocol.

#1BlueJester007Posted 1/31/2013 7:13:59 AM
From the gameplay clips I've seen, it looks like a pretty fun RPG. What worries me is the supposed bugs and glitches that plague the game. I know there have been patches to fix some of problems. Are a good majority of the issues rectified? Is the game worth rougly $12.00? That's how much Amazon is selling it for.
---
Math illiteracy affects every 7 out of 5 people.
#2ohollywoodoPosted 1/31/2013 7:26:17 AM
It is a GREAT game, pick it up.
It's not the best graphics, but the customization is great and the stealth and gunplay are all done very well.

This is another game overlooked by many, and a solid play.

Enjoy it!!!!
---
ooH0LLYW00Doo <-- feel free to add me
#3Lewis_BlackPosted 1/31/2013 7:27:00 AM
From some of your posts around here, it sounds like you enjoyed the first Mass Effect quite a bit. If that is the case, then yes, buy this game. Twelve dollara is a steal.
---
I'm the greatest ****er here! And you sniveling ****s would die without me! Ahahaha!
#4Perfect LightPosted 1/31/2013 7:27:43 AM
I like the Mass Effect games and couldn't STAND Alpha Protocol. Returned it after an hour, the controls were super clunky and the shooting was horrible.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5Lewis_BlackPosted 1/31/2013 7:32:06 AM
Perfect Light posted...
I like the Mass Effect games and couldn't STAND Alpha Protocol. Returned it after an hour, the controls were super clunky and the shooting was horrible.

Hmm. To each their own. However I don't know if you played it before or after some of the patches. The patches have fixed a lot of stuff.
---
I'm the greatest ****er here! And you sniveling ****s would die without me! Ahahaha!
#6JKSonicPosted 1/31/2013 7:35:04 AM
This one and Binary Domain are two I've wanted to pick up for a while just to try out since they seem to have nice cult followings.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#7FiyunPosted 1/31/2013 7:35:08 AM
There shouldn't be any real problems you will stumble upon beyond maybe the enemies not appearing on that part of the level when it loads. (And the slightly dodgy "Finish three levels without being detected."-cheevo)
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
#8BlueJester007(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 7:43:52 AM
Well, I guess that solves it then. Buying it.
---
Math illiteracy affects every 7 out of 5 people.
#9electrolyzerPosted 1/31/2013 7:49:37 AM
Well, I guess that solves it then. Buying it.

Good choice! Don't always follow what we say though, imagine if AP haters jumped into this topic and got you not to play it. IMAGINE THE HORROR.

But seriously, the game is awesome. Hope you like it.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#10WinternovaPosted 1/31/2013 7:52:22 AM
Alpha Protocol is a good game. Just don't play it like Mass Effect 2/3. Play it like it's a pen-and-paper RPG with stats determining if your shots hit. And focus on stealth.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)