This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 2 or Crysis 2? Looking for a solid fps

#1HungtotheoverPosted 1/31/2013 8:43:36 AM
Looking for a game with a lot of explosions and good shooting.
---
The only 3 party games that sell on Nintendo consoles are ones that make you dance.
#2SoF-RamboPosted 1/31/2013 8:46:31 AM
Far Cry 2 if you want open world.

Crysis 2 if you want CoD with Halo physics.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/31/2013 8:46:51 AM
Do you want open world or linear?

Crysis 2 is a better game, imo.
---
Now I know what a TV dinner feels like.
#4memphis12Posted 1/31/2013 8:49:49 AM
Are you on a budget? Or could you get Far Cry 3?

I couldn't get into Crysis 2. Others loved it though.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5Mutant1988Posted 1/31/2013 8:50:02 AM
Far Cry 2 if you want padding, repetition, a pointless plot and atrocious travelling distances through an uninteresting empty world.

Crysis 2 if you want a good game.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#6SoF-RamboPosted 1/31/2013 8:52:36 AM
Mutant1988 posted...
Far Cry 2 if you want padding, repetition, a pointless plot and atrocious travelling distances through an uninteresting empty world.

Someone never found the bus-stations in far cry...
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#7SheepinatorPosted 1/31/2013 8:52:43 AM
SoF-Rambo posted...
Far Cry 2 if you want open world.

Crysis 2 if you want CoD with Halo physics.

True, also if interested in stealth then C2 is the better option. It's designed to allow stealth of entire areas, though you can just as well go guns blazing. In FC2 you can stealth to thin the herd but it's harder to avoid the AI getting alerted.

FC2 will last longer, though a lot of that time will be backtracking the world.

Both have good campaigns, though FC2's isn't for everyone. It's a love/hate thing.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#8JKSonicPosted 1/31/2013 8:55:12 AM
Well to call Crysis 2 linear is a little deceiving. While it's true you follow a path it's a lot like Halo in that you can tackle each scenario in a countless number of ways. Far Cry 2 is basically just a test for Far Cry 3 IMO, with FC3 being much better. If FC2 would have changed a few things it could have been amazing as well, but as is it just didn't cut it for me.

I'd say get Crysis 2 now and then keep an eye out for FC3 to drop in price then get that later.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#9Mutant1988Posted 1/31/2013 9:02:32 AM
SoF-Rambo posted...
Mutant1988 posted...

Someone never found the bus-stations in far cry...

You had to drive all the way to them too. And then to the objective.

You cut out 5 minutes on a 20 minute travelling time. Repeat about 30 times, because seemingly every single objective was on the opposite side of the map from the mission giver.

I used the bus stops, I finished the game, I was still bored out of my mind.

Don't make blind assumptions.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#10Dark_SpiretPosted 1/31/2013 9:21:34 AM
FC2 is very hit and miss. its got some cool features and a lot of bad ones. hard to really recommend it.

Crysis 2 is pretty good overall.