This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do X360 fans feel priviledged and hyped for Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2

#31Killah PriestPosted 2/5/2013 10:55:08 AM
I can totally understand enjoying the games, there are a lot who do, but talking about how it will be one of the best beat em ups ever is just ridiculous.

he is obviously exaggerating on purpose to flame bait.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#32xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:57:49 AM(edited)
bluehat94 posted...
I can totally understand enjoying the games, there are a lot who do, but talking about how it will be one of the best beat em ups ever is just ridiculous.

It's ridiculous to be so closed minded toward this beat em up's qualities.

Would you really dare believe that even classic beat em ups like
Final Fight, Streets of Rage (1-3), The Simpsons, Xmen and TMNT can stand up to this?

Ken's Rage 2 makes those classics look shallow, too short, and bare bones.

heck, this is what The Bouncer should have been like.
#33sockesockePosted 2/5/2013 11:00:32 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
bluehat94 posted...

Final Fight, Streets of Rage (1-3), The Simpsons, Xmen and TMNT can stand up to this?

i agree, newer beat em ups like dynasty warriors or other koei games are technically way better than the oldschool ones. i like both styles though. sadly im in the minority.
on topic: i might get the game on release day if i feel like it since i enjoyed the first game.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#34JamanjaxPosted 2/5/2013 11:06:24 AM
Unless you mod, what's the difference if it's digital or not?

I prefer to pay for a tangible product as opposed to a mere license for something that could be stripped away for any number of reasons.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#35Killah PriestPosted 2/5/2013 11:10:37 AM(edited)
Me too, thats why I got Warriors Orochi 3 on disc.

even with the ability to double up when buying GoD I'd still rather purchase 2 retail boxed copies and spend double.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#36xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 11:21:32 AM
Jamanjax posted...
Unless you mod, what's the difference if it's digital or not?

I prefer to pay for a tangible product as opposed to a mere license for something that could be stripped away for any number of reasons.

the chances of a license being stripped are less than a disk being unreadable or a disk drive no longer functioning.

There are people that bought digital games long ago, and STILL playing them to this day, complete and theirs to play anytime.

oh well, Xbox360 version is on disk, so no point ranting about digital.
#37bluehat94Posted 2/5/2013 11:40:34 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
bluehat94 posted...

Old school beat em ups were made to be short and extremely replayable, they got their start in arcades, when you start getting into the amount of content that Kens Rage 2 has, you can no longer draw the comparison, now it has to be compared to the likes of modern beat em ups like DMC, Bayonetta, etc, and it just doesn't match up.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#38xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:00:16 PM
Old school beat em ups were made to be short and extremely replayable, they got their start in arcades,

lol tame excuse. Their replayability is no greater than a game like Ken's Rage 2, which adopts the fundamentals of a beat em up, beating lots of enemies with attacks while advancing towards the boss(es).

when you start getting into the amount of content that Kens Rage 2 has, you can no longer draw the comparison,

Yes you can because Ken's Rage 2 has more in common with those timeless classics than those overly technical action games.

now it has to be compared to the likes of modern beat em ups like DMC, Bayonetta, etc, and it just doesn't match up.

The only thing they have in common is being in 3-D. They may have similiar enemies to bosses flowchart, but Ken's Rage 2 is more like the timeless beat em up classics.

the problem is that the mainstream are misidentifying KR2 as a DMC or Bayonetta, when that is not the case.

IF they identify it more in the arcadey beat em up category, they could understand it better instead of placing incompetible standards with a different flavor of beat em up of the modern action games.

KR2 holds on the the more pure sense of beat em ups
instead of the larger moveset, combo linking action games.

but that doesn't make it less fun, in ways it's even more fun based on which kind of beat em ups/action game you prefer. Especially since Ken's Rage 2 brings back the oldschool goodness of co-op play at least in it's extra mode, instead of abandoning a feature like that. the Legend mode is story driven, but that's a good thing for story fans, and dream mode has plenty of variety and replay value for single and co-op.
#39bluehat94Posted 2/5/2013 12:13:30 PM
The thing is, it doesn't have a whole lot in common with classic beat em ups apart from the obviously simple and repetitive combat. It seems more stuck somewhere in the middle, it wants to be like those new games, but at the same time doesn't want to abandon the combat. The combat was fun in those older games because they because they were at most 5 hours long, but when you start stretching into 20 hours, the game gets boring fast.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#40xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:59:55 PM(edited)
bluehat94 posted...
The thing is, it doesn't have a whole lot in common with classic beat em ups apart from the obviously simple and repetitive combat. It seems more stuck somewhere in the middle, it wants to be like those new games, but at the same time doesn't want to abandon the combat. The combat was fun in those older games because they because they were at most 5 hours long, but when you start stretching into 20 hours, the game gets boring fast.

Not at all. At least not to the most passionate beat em up fans.

plus Ken's Rage 2 combat is deeper than arcade beat em ups, there are more combo strings per character,
there are more super moves per character,
THERE ARE MORE playable characters.

well yea story mode is mostly Kenshiro, but their signature moves expand as they progress anyway, and there are more multiple ways to kill enemies than arcade beat em ups.

Shooter fans don't get bored shooting with the same weapon over and over and over in campaign, including multiplayer. It's either single shot, burst, rapid fire or some explosive.

Why would people get bored of using the the same moveset to kill enemies over and over?
They can combo punch,
they can combo kick,
they can combo punch/kick,
they can launcher double kick,
they can grab, pound and kick,
they can cancel a combo into the charge punch,
they can special move (Zankai Ken in Kenshiro's case)
they can transition any combo into any super move they unlocked,
they can charge attack,
they can jump kick (during dash or sprint)
they can evade and counterattack,
they can throw barrels/use steel girdirs as weapons.
They can switch between super moves and use them and mix up the action as they see fit.

See at least 13-14 examples and directions the fights can flow in any combination. :)

I see the gameplay as an advanced version of arcade beat em ups, it's not wrong being inbetween arcade beat em ups and deep action games.

That places it with advantages that arcade beat em ups and deep action games lack.