This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What, if anything, would make you quit gaming?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What, if anything, would make you quit gaming?
2 years ago#71
everything turning into some kind of wii controller controlled gaming would definitely hinder my gaming...^
2 years ago#72
Hmmm... let's see: repetitiveness of much games, crappy AI, crappy AI, general easiness of modern games, repetitiveness of FPS, lack of original games, crappy story lines, JRPGs, WRPGS(or so called). Am I missing anything? Oh yes : DLC, internet bound games, lack of manuals, forces tutorials.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Df8Ny6zHVc
Mc Nuggco: Heart attack within
(edited by SragentThom)
2 years ago#73
masterkumwat posted...
if it caused cancer.

Apparently staring at the screen for too long doesn't give you background radiation?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Df8Ny6zHVc
Mc Nuggco: Heart attack within
2 years ago#74
I'll add to that good list on page 1:

-forced MP for PC games in addition to systems
-only digital downloading for PC games (I already hate it)
-forced creating an account anytime you buy a game, even singleplayer offline games (which they already started doing)

There are already things some fools in the game companies are doing NOW that are making me quit.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
2 years ago#75
I was just thinking about something like this today and tbh, I think in some ways I have in the traditional sense. I haven't bought a game full price in years ... and with college / real life I've had less and less time to enjoy gaming.

It used to be something I'd enjoy most with my cousin / friends and family. I loved multiplayer games like Mario Kart, Bomberman, Smash Bros, everything we could enjoy together.

I loved online play bc it meant we could play regardless where life takes us. But I didn't expect games to take this turn in terms of the COD / Starcraft / WoW routes. I don't play enough to warrant paying for online IMO, and I don't want to because then I'll feel obligated to dedicate time to it, making it a chore that I simply don't have time for.

Add to the fact that games like COD have no end (which is awesome because each experience is different) I don't see the point after awhile, because in terms of fun with friends/family nobody I know can really dedicate time to get good at them so they don't want to play, and I don't like playing with randoms too much because most people online are ..crazy..

I started playing FPS' on pc with counterstrike 1.6, later moved on to source after I found some nice servers. This also makes it harder for me to pay for Live. I just don't see what MS is really giving me for my money. That's probably when I started falling back from gaming.

I don't like the idea of digital everything either. I had friends who had ROMS of games back in 2000 that Nintendo is trying to sell now at a price I feel like is too high. I'm glad there is a legit way to have digital games now, but the direction I feel like companies are going in shortchanges customers because we pay a good price for these old games with nothing to really show for it when the net goes down, or your HD.

Finally, DLC. A great concept that's being exploited to make money IMO. But I don't blame companies because their customers let them do this. Gamers are addicts at the end of the day, I've recognized this since I was about 11. They need their fix right now and they don't care about the price. But for people who step back a bit can get great experiences at bargain prices. It's what I've been doing for the past 4 years now.

Tl;Dr - online only, online culture, digital only and DLC made me approach my favorite hobby differently a long time ago.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 0130 - 1456 - 9774
2 years ago#76
Probably going all motion control. I'd still give it a chance. People bought the wii, and most of my friends were disappointed. Then people buy the Kinect, and I hear the games on it suck.

Why are people so intent on purchasing this gimmick?
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
2 years ago#77
Rome218 posted...
Probably going all motion control. I'd still give it a chance. People bought the wii, and most of my friends were disappointed. Then people buy the Kinect, and I hear the games on it suck.

Why are people so intent on purchasing this gimmick?

Because its trying introduce an element thats already difficult to do. I didn't mind how the Nintendo Wii did their controls. Because you still had something in your hand the game could register to have some precision. But imagine a skating game for the Kinect trying to really be as close to the real thing; its not gonna work. Anyone remember the Virtua Fighter game with motion controls in the arcade? awesome game...with a controller. horrible game with motion control.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
2 years ago#78
Realistic graphics. I play games to escape reality, I don't want my games looking like real life, regardless of how fantastic the story is.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
2 years ago#79
I don't think I'd ever quit. I'm not really all that excited about what's new and current in gaming nowadays, but there's plenty of great stuff I never got a chance to play over the years that will keep me occupied for ages.
2 years ago#80
Id have to lose my hands or vision.
---
I love video games : )
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. What, if anything, would make you quit gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived