This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What, if anything, would make you quit gaming?

#71mcpuppet101Posted 1/31/2013 5:24:37 PM
everything turning into some kind of wii controller controlled gaming would definitely hinder my gaming...^
#72SragentThomPosted 1/31/2013 5:29:06 PM(edited)
Hmmm... let's see: repetitiveness of much games, crappy AI, crappy AI, general easiness of modern games, repetitiveness of FPS, lack of original games, crappy story lines, JRPGs, WRPGS(or so called). Am I missing anything? Oh yes : DLC, internet bound games, lack of manuals, forces tutorials.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Df8Ny6zHVc
Mc Nuggco: Heart attack within
#73SragentThomPosted 1/31/2013 5:32:53 PM
masterkumwat posted...
if it caused cancer.

Apparently staring at the screen for too long doesn't give you background radiation?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Df8Ny6zHVc
Mc Nuggco: Heart attack within
#74blackhrtPosted 1/31/2013 5:36:51 PM
I'll add to that good list on page 1:

-forced MP for PC games in addition to systems
-only digital downloading for PC games (I already hate it)
-forced creating an account anytime you buy a game, even singleplayer offline games (which they already started doing)

There are already things some fools in the game companies are doing NOW that are making me quit.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#75DTrunks12Posted 1/31/2013 5:41:23 PM
I was just thinking about something like this today and tbh, I think in some ways I have in the traditional sense. I haven't bought a game full price in years ... and with college / real life I've had less and less time to enjoy gaming.

It used to be something I'd enjoy most with my cousin / friends and family. I loved multiplayer games like Mario Kart, Bomberman, Smash Bros, everything we could enjoy together.

I loved online play bc it meant we could play regardless where life takes us. But I didn't expect games to take this turn in terms of the COD / Starcraft / WoW routes. I don't play enough to warrant paying for online IMO, and I don't want to because then I'll feel obligated to dedicate time to it, making it a chore that I simply don't have time for.

Add to the fact that games like COD have no end (which is awesome because each experience is different) I don't see the point after awhile, because in terms of fun with friends/family nobody I know can really dedicate time to get good at them so they don't want to play, and I don't like playing with randoms too much because most people online are ..crazy..

I started playing FPS' on pc with counterstrike 1.6, later moved on to source after I found some nice servers. This also makes it harder for me to pay for Live. I just don't see what MS is really giving me for my money. That's probably when I started falling back from gaming.

I don't like the idea of digital everything either. I had friends who had ROMS of games back in 2000 that Nintendo is trying to sell now at a price I feel like is too high. I'm glad there is a legit way to have digital games now, but the direction I feel like companies are going in shortchanges customers because we pay a good price for these old games with nothing to really show for it when the net goes down, or your HD.

Finally, DLC. A great concept that's being exploited to make money IMO. But I don't blame companies because their customers let them do this. Gamers are addicts at the end of the day, I've recognized this since I was about 11. They need their fix right now and they don't care about the price. But for people who step back a bit can get great experiences at bargain prices. It's what I've been doing for the past 4 years now.

Tl;Dr - online only, online culture, digital only and DLC made me approach my favorite hobby differently a long time ago.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 0130 - 1456 - 9774
#76Rome218Posted 1/31/2013 5:43:10 PM
Probably going all motion control. I'd still give it a chance. People bought the wii, and most of my friends were disappointed. Then people buy the Kinect, and I hear the games on it suck.

Why are people so intent on purchasing this gimmick?
---
HP Pavilion | Windows 7 | 700 gb HDD | 17' lcd display | Speakers | 3 USB Ports | HDMI port | Wireless-N | DVD/CD Read/Write
#77blackhrtPosted 1/31/2013 5:59:56 PM
Rome218 posted...
Probably going all motion control. I'd still give it a chance. People bought the wii, and most of my friends were disappointed. Then people buy the Kinect, and I hear the games on it suck.

Why are people so intent on purchasing this gimmick?

Because its trying introduce an element thats already difficult to do. I didn't mind how the Nintendo Wii did their controls. Because you still had something in your hand the game could register to have some precision. But imagine a skating game for the Kinect trying to really be as close to the real thing; its not gonna work. Anyone remember the Virtua Fighter game with motion controls in the arcade? awesome game...with a controller. horrible game with motion control.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#78Fou LuPosted 1/31/2013 6:01:10 PM
Realistic graphics. I play games to escape reality, I don't want my games looking like real life, regardless of how fantastic the story is.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#79Dalton Of ZealPosted 1/31/2013 6:35:52 PM
I don't think I'd ever quit. I'm not really all that excited about what's new and current in gaming nowadays, but there's plenty of great stuff I never got a chance to play over the years that will keep me occupied for ages.
#80mrhappyguy12345Posted 1/31/2013 6:41:20 PM
Id have to lose my hands or vision.
---
I love video games : )