This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What, if anything, would make you quit gaming?

#81OEIO999Posted 1/31/2013 6:54:35 PM(edited)
- If this year turns out to be as bad (or worse) as last year, OVERALL
- Abundant amount of DLC's, if i feel too many games are subtracting content for future DLC's (Frauds like EA, Crapcom don't count), Day 1 DLC, In-game DLC e.t.c e.t.c
- Companies like Rockstar, Bethesda, Valve drop to the likes of EA-Ware, Crapcom, SqureEnix, Ubisoft (although they did make one nice game, FC3) and many, many more
- More MP focused than SP, as a result MP turns out to be better than SP (CoD, NFS:MW, ME3)
- Outrageous amount of Wii-U exclusives, Kinect
- Excessive focus in iOS games

And just like its been said, I'd give up on any future games, not past ones
#82Nimkip42Posted 1/31/2013 7:00:17 PM
-Entirely to the casuals. I've nothing against casual gaming, but I need something classic. Plus, RPGs are not considered casual.
-Nintendo falls. Spell the letters of my name backwards for proof.
-It's putting us in a Matrix situation.
-If everything on the market is insane gore. Gore=bore. I've seen carnage.
---
Please see this story of mine-you just might like it...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633263-pikmin/62307083
#83MinamoPosted 1/31/2013 7:10:35 PM
Digital-only. I would stop "legally" gaming.
#84DxZ99Posted 1/31/2013 8:28:34 PM
If the next Xbox has little to none of our progress from this gen, such as:
Content purchased digitally
Gamertags
'IF' they still use the achievement system and our achievements aren't carried over
'IF' they don't find a way to merge this gen xbox live with the next one.

Just to name a few, if these things were to happen I'm done with console gaming as a record label, a staff, and a mother F$*&@$G group.
#85JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:59:27 PM
Realistic graphics. I play games to escape reality, I don't want my games looking like real life, regardless of how fantastic the story is.

Wanted to comment on this one because it's something I feel like a lot of gamers mistakenly want. For the most part the word is a very drab, ugly, and symmetrical place (because we make it that way, not because nature does) so I'm not sure why anybody would truly want REALISTIC graphics. For a few games here and there it might be cool sure. I could see a mech game similar to Steel Battalion working and maybe a racer but for the most part surrealistic is what looks best BY FAR.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#86ukokira1Posted 1/31/2013 9:15:29 PM
If i had a watch locked into my arm that would inject a deadly poision the moment I play a game.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#87Mr_GreenXPosted 2/2/2013 1:13:21 AM
Sheepinator posted...
Mr_GreenX posted...
Are you serious ? The only reason those were free is so people would keep playing that terrible ME3 multiplayer which had no bussiness being there in the first place.

I'm glad they didn't listen to you. Myself and many others have had a lot of enjoyment from that mode, and myself and many others haven't spent a cent on it.

The rest of your list is something the whole industry does but as is typical with gamefaqs, it's considered fashionable to hate on EA alone for it.

It's beacuse EA strated most of the bad business models that are ruing the videogame industry. Also ALOT of people have spent money on the multiplayer. That's why they keep releasing free dlc. Ever wonder why the single player dlc isn't free they wouldn't make any money.

The grinding may not have ruined the multiplayer for you but it did for me and a lot of other people.

All you see is free dlc. All I see is a poor designed multiplayer in an RPG game that does not belong. It's obvious people like will never aggree.
#88JenniferTatePosted 2/2/2013 1:14:41 AM
DxZ99 posted...
If the next Xbox has little to none of our progress from this gen, such as:
Content purchased digitally
Gamertags
'IF' they still use the achievement system and our achievements aren't carried over
'IF' they don't find a way to merge this gen xbox live with the next one.

Just to name a few, if these things were to happen I'm done with console gaming as a record label, a staff, and a mother F$*&@$G group.

I'd just move to PS3 exclusively, as I don't care so much about trophies. Strangely, I feel very close ties to my Achievements and XBLA games.
---
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth. - Mike Tyson
#89scythecamPosted 2/2/2013 3:14:46 AM
All digital, or no more used games would be deal breakers for me
---
One-and-Donecos
#90kingwutuguPosted 2/2/2013 3:22:17 AM
Crimson ALliance, just like i said a few years back, the game will be free we just have to pay for the main characters before the game can start, and the characters are no where on the disc.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win