This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: 360 games require more strategy than PC games

#1TheJCBandPosted 1/31/2013 8:53:50 AM
360 (and other console) games require more strategy and thought than most PC games - Results (96 votes)
Confirm
11.46% (11 votes)
Deny
88.54% (85 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm so sick of hearing PC elitists say that console games are dumbed down. What games on PC actually require thought? WoW and Diablo are just mindless grindfests, Starcraft 2 is literally just muscle memory, and of course there the F2P (ahem pay2win) trash like LoL and DotA.

Games like CoD and Halo actually require teamwork and precise aiming. Also, I don't care what anyone says, 30 fps >= 60 fps. Our eyes literally can't tell the difference when it's that high.
---
Wind Fish in name only, for it is neither.
#2pothocketPosted 1/31/2013 8:57:06 AM
Anyone who thinks games are "dumbed down" for console users is a ****ing idiot.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3DieMyBridePosted 1/31/2013 8:57:52 AM
PC and Console Fanboy-ism is ridiculous. Could be playing more games instead of arguing.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife
#4MR_SorenPosted 1/31/2013 9:18:35 AM
Seems like a silly question. There are very few strategy games on 360, and there are tons of strategy games on PC. It's not about fanboyism, that's just the way things turned out.

WoW and Diablo are not strategy games and never claim to involve much strategy. StarCraft is a lot more than just muscle memory.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#5bluehat94Posted 1/31/2013 9:24:01 AM
TheJCBand posted...
Also, I don't care what anyone says, 30 fps >= 60 fps. Our eyes literally can't tell the difference when it's that high.

You're just deluding yourself if you honestly think that, because it's pretty easy to tell the difference, 60FPS looks noticeably smoother, but it does start getting hard to tell the difference when you start going above 60FPS.

As long as the PC is the main platform for Strategy games, PC will always require more strategy.

I am also not a fanboy of any platform, I just play games where they release, whether it be console, handheld, or PC.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#6IvanKozlovPosted 1/31/2013 9:25:51 AM
I was interested in hearing you out, TC, but then you said that humans can't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps. Now you just sound like an idiot.
---
When light no longer rose to kiss me, I swore to tear Heaven asunder. As flights of fallen angels wished me "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder."
#7LazyyAmericanPosted 1/31/2013 9:27:46 AM
lol @ this thread.....get a gaming PC then you will understand the difference between 30 and 60 fps. You won't ever go back lol.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#8bluehat94Posted 1/31/2013 9:30:37 AM
LazyyAmerican posted...
lol @ this thread.....get a gaming PC then you will understand the difference between 30 and 60 fps. You won't ever go back lol.

I did, though I switch between the two.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#9JKSonicPosted 1/31/2013 9:33:48 AM
30-60fps is DEFINITELY something that be seen. Once you start getting a little above that though it gets harder and harder to see very quickly.

And yes, yes some games have been dumbed down for consoles in the past. Most of the time they claim because you're using a controller and not a m/kb but that's just BS. Many shooters, for instance, took away the "lean" ability for consoles. Some would give you less control over actions in strategy type games. Etc etc etc...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#10sonicteam2k1Posted 1/31/2013 9:44:20 AM
TheJCBand posted...
Also, I don't care what anyone says, 30 fps >= 60 fps. Our eyes literally can't tell the difference when it's that high.

WTF ARE YOU SMOKING???!!!! you can EASILY tell the difference between 30 and 60fps. when you hit about 72+ that's when it starts looking the same.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own