This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: 360 games require more strategy than PC games

#11Snuckie7Posted 2/1/2013 3:22:23 AM
The poll results speak for themselves.

Lol @ TC
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLi K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#12HMXTaylor_LeePosted 2/1/2013 6:07:35 AM
Deny.

There is a lot more planning that goes into playing a PC game.

For example - Do I have the latest drivers? What if this unofficial modification to give me a ridiculously powerful weapon isn't compatible with a certain in-game condition? What if my graphics card has issues integrating with the other resources on my computer?

Console games simply involve turning it on. Clearly, a lot more strategy involved with PC gaming.
#13vigorm0rtisPosted 2/1/2013 6:24:40 AM
TheJCBand posted...

Games like CoD and Halo actually require teamwork and precise aiming. Also, I don't care what anyone says, 30 fps >= 60 fps. Our eyes literally can't tell the difference when it's that high.

That is all bull. Well, maybe not the Halo part. Teamwork in CoD is as rare as hen's teeth, and 60 FPS is easy to discern from 30, although it's less your eyes noticing and more your brain.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#14AsucaHayashiPosted 2/1/2013 6:46:37 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...

i guess we know where that 4th vote came from XD
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#15HMXTaylor_LeePosted 2/1/2013 7:16:01 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...

i guess we know where that 4th vote came from XD

I actually didn't vote...

I just wanted to chime in on a perception of "strategy" and PC games.
#16Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 2/1/2013 7:22:50 AM
how is LoL either trash or pay to win? Have you even played it?

Agree with most of your post though. A blind monkey could play WoW
---
Colbert on HSBC: So they're like 007, licensed to kill our economy.
#17Chewy247Posted 2/1/2013 7:47:55 AM
TheJCBand posted...
I'm so sick of hearing PC elitists say that console games are dumbed down. What games on PC actually require thought? WoW and Diablo are just mindless grindfests, Starcraft 2 is literally just muscle memory, and of course there the F2P (ahem pay2win) trash like LoL and DotA.

Games like CoD and Halo actually require teamwork and precise aiming. Also, I don't care what anyone says, 30 fps >= 60 fps. Our eyes literally can't tell the difference when it's that high.

LoL is better than anything on 360 right now, plus you don't gain anything other than champs when you "pay2win"
---
#TimesUpPunk
#18HMXTaylor_LeePosted 2/1/2013 7:49:04 AM
Chewy247 posted...
TheJCBand posted...
I'm so sick of hearing PC elitists say that console games are dumbed down. What games on PC actually require thought? WoW and Diablo are just mindless grindfests, Starcraft 2 is literally just muscle memory, and of course there the F2P (ahem pay2win) trash like LoL and DotA.

LoL is better than anything on 360 right now, plus you don't gain anything other than champs when you "pay2win"

What is LoL?
#19Chrono Trigger RulesPosted 2/1/2013 7:50:20 AM
League of Legends
---
Colbert on HSBC: So they're like 007, licensed to kill our economy.
#20HMXTaylor_LeePosted 2/1/2013 8:01:03 AM
I've never heard of it.

Better than all of the games on 360, you say?

What do you... do?